Main Menu

Fire Away

Started by Poa Free, January 14, 2011, 03:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

Quote from: tferrier18 on January 16, 2011, 03:52:15 PM
Quote from: BOOMZ on January 16, 2011, 02:34:59 AM
Quote from: Poa Free on January 14, 2011, 03:14:12 PM
I get he had a great year this year but it's like saying Davis had a great year in '09 was he a great pick last year? no... (I know their nowhere near the same level just an example that a year is a long time role changes, tagged more, injuries etc).
No offence, but this is a ridiculous thing to say. Not only has chapman been a premium since 2005, he also played 21 games last year. It's definitely safe to say he'll have a good year next year in terms of scoring, the only slight concern is injury - however I think he's much less of a risk now then he was in 2008/2009.
Davis didn't get tagged more, his role changed. Chapman might get tagged more but his role will barely change. With the likes of Bartel spending more time in the mids this year I don't think chapman will be tagged any more or less than last year, especially since selwood will be the main target.
The only real critisicm of having Chapman is the fact that he shares a bye round with freo & hawks.

Chapman won't be in my team in r1, but there's no way you can critisize having him.

Now for your team. I prefer your new backline but preferred ablett in your mids. I think it's fair to say we don't know how ablett will go, so we'll have to wait until nab to decide if he'll be worth it, but I definitely don't agree with people saying he'll be better to get when he goes down in price. People said that at the beginning of last year as well and ablett scored 127, 128, 157, 145, 171 and 203! Most who had him would have had him as captain for all of these rounds as well, so can you really afford to miss out on so many points?

Anyway, the new team...
R4 - 3 prems (not tooooo bad)
R5 - 0 prems (perfect)
R6 - 4 prems out (needs improving)

You haven't picked any players that are bad, but I'd prefer deledio over newman and would consider trading enright for someone.

8.5-9/10

lol i love it when ppl stuff there quotes and dont do it like i have... unless u do it on purpose.. **[[[ strokes his 4 strand 2.5 cm goatee :P ]]]**

tferrier18

F***, first time I've done it...fixed.

MTTY

Good backline with a few uniques

I just feel Swallow is a must like Barlow should have been last year but if you want Ablett, then you may not be able to fit him although we have no idea of how Ablett will go at GC.

Good rucks although Bass probably wont play as the pecking order in my opinion is Brogan, Redden, Lobbe and Trengove as a pinch ruck

Good forwards just make sure Didak has recovered from his surgery.

Overall 8.5/10

Boomz

Quote from: tferrier18 on January 16, 2011, 03:52:15 PM
Quote from: BOOMZ on January 16, 2011, 02:34:59 AM
I get he had a great year this year but it's like saying Davis had a great year in '09 was he a great pick last year? no... (I know their nowhere near the same level just an example that a year is a long time role changes, tagged more, injuries etc).
No offence, but this is a ridiculous thing to say. Not only has chapman been a premium since 2005, he also played 21 games last year. It's definitely safe to say he'll have a good year next year in terms of scoring, the only slight concern is injury - however I think he's much less of a risk now then he was in 2008/2009.
Davis didn't get tagged more, his role changed. Chapman might get tagged more but his role will barely change. With the likes of Bartel spending more time in the mids this year I don't think chapman will be tagged any more or less than last year, especially since selwood will be the main target.
The only real critisicm of having Chapman is the fact that he shares a bye round with freo & hawks.

Chapman won't be in my team in r1, but there's no way you can critisize having him.

Now for your team. I prefer your new backline but preferred ablett in your mids. I think it's fair to say we don't know how ablett will go, so we'll have to wait until nab to decide if he'll be worth it, but I definitely don't agree with people saying he'll be better to get when he goes down in price. People said that at the beginning of last year as well and ablett scored 127, 128, 157, 145, 171 and 203! Most who had him would have had him as captain for all of these rounds as well, so can you really afford to miss out on so many points?

Anyway, the new team...
R4 - 3 prems (not tooooo bad)
R5 - 0 prems (perfect)
R6 - 4 prems out (needs improving)

You haven't picked any players that are bad, but I'd prefer deledio over newman and would consider trading enright for someone.

8.5-9/10

Yeah wasn't the best example. Injury, bigger workload & yes his role could change without Ablett there for all we know unless ur involved with geelong & know something I don't. How is he much less of a risk now than then ??? I know he had different treatments etc that supposedly helped with his hammy's but he's not getting any younger and after a season without any he's sure to go down at some stage. Thats my view on him you don't have to agree  ;)

Knowall

I agree with BOOMZ id stay away, just because he has one good year doesnt make him injury proof hell still have those injury worries.  But if he looks good midseason i may look at picking him up but not starting off with him