First crack for 2011

Started by Pweter, January 17, 2011, 01:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pweter

Updated side, updates in bold.

One thing on some feedback - I don't want to get Swan as I don't know how reduced rotations will impact him.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, P. Duffield, S. Hurn, M. Hurley, A. Otten, B. Jacobs (M. Hibberd, M. Coad, J. Toy)
MID: C. Judd, S. Pendlebury, L. Montagna, T. Boak, D. Swallow, D. Heppell (M. Wallis, S. Atley, T. Mzungu)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, P. Ryder (Z. Smith, M. Bailey)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Riewoldt, M. Pavlich, A. Didak, D. Petrie, C. Knights, D. Prestia (J. Darling, B. Matera, I. Callinan)
CASH LEFT: $40,200

Boomz

Quote from: Pweter on January 17, 2011, 01:16:30 PM
G'day all,

Feel free to criticise this team, I'm sure everyone has their opinions and I'm open to them all.

I am considering downgrading one of Murphy/Boak/Pav/Sylvia to upgrade one of Waite/Murphy/Hurley but other than that, thoughts?

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, J. Waite, R. Murphy, M. Hurley, A. Otten, B. Jacobs (M. Hibberd, M. Coad, J. Toy)
MID: C. Judd, S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, T. Boak, D. Swallow, D. Heppell (M. Wallis, S. Atley, T. Mzungu)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, K. Tippett (J. Fraser, M. Bailey)
FWD: P. Chapman, N. Riewoldt, M. Pavlich, C. Sylvia, J. Watts, C. Knights, D. Prestia (J. Darling, B. Matera, N. Ablett)
CASH LEFT: $47,400

Rucks are selected like this on purpose. I am hoping between the 4 of them I can, with a bit of luck, get through the season without making a trade on a ruckman.

Def: For starters Waite is only listed as a forward now :( Not convinced by Murphy same with Hurley but could be a good option (except he has a bye in the GF) & Goddard, Deledio & Otten should go well along with your rookies. Slightly weak depending on who u get for Waite.

Mid: I don't mind it except having Judd & Murphy will hurt you as they have a finals bye if your going for league... I'd choose 1 or the other. Other than that it's good.

Ruck: Don't mind Leuenberger but would stay away from Tippett maybe swap him for Petrie? Fraser is alright dont mind the idea but not sure if it's needed when you could have Smith who should play just as much.

Fwd: Not a fan of Chappy next year but wait & see. Pav, Sylvia, Knights, Roo, Prestia are all good. Watts isn't ready yet... he'll take another year or 2 before I'd consider him. Having 3 GC forwards will stretch you I'd swap one of the ones on the bench to Tapscott, Callinan, Smith etc...

Anyway it's an interesting team :) 8/10 hope I helped.

Pweter

Crap, thanks for pointing out Waite being FWD only now. Replaced with Hurn.

I'm not concerned about the 3 x GC forwards as yet, with 2 of them being reserves that will likely become 2 or 1 before long.

I hadn't really given much thought to the impact of the bye but might have to do so. Will certainly be a wise move to spread the premiums across different teams. Thanks for the heads up.

enzedder

If you're set on having Tippett put Petrie in you're Forwards at the expense at Watts who is a very poor choice IMO.
Having Judd and Murphy in the mids is a bad idea with the bye in mind. I'd get rid of both, at least one has to go minimum...get Swan.
Enright or Broughton in for Waite.

j959

Quote from: enzedder on January 17, 2011, 01:48:49 PM
If you're set on having Tippett put Petrie in you're Forwards at the expense at Watts who is a very poor choice IMO.
Having Judd and Murphy in the mids is a bad idea with the bye in mind. I'd get rid of both, at least one has to go minimum...get Swan.
Enright or Broughton in for Waite.
agree with NZ on Swan but keep Judd if you can afford to (even with that prelim final bye) - that would give you a strong midfield.

I like Chappy but personally i'm still tossing up whether to have him from the start or trade him in after the Rd6 Cats bye.

Tippett could break out but I would ask why he hasn't done it by now - Petrie is so cheap that if he is named fit for Rd1 you may as well risk him over Tippett IMO.

For overall ranking considerations, if you keep Watts, you'll have to cover for him, Sylvia and no Darling on the bench for Rd5

Luigi197

hey Pweter if u want to hear more from me could you start by editing the original post with your changes plz?

thnx :)

MTTY

. Bit of a unique backline with Hurley and Duff could pay off,

. Boak is a unique pick that could have his breakout finally.

. Leuenberger will be very unique risky move that could cost you a trade but could pay off.

. And great forwards.

Overall 8.5/10