Main Menu

Cash in the bank

Started by Chopps, January 05, 2011, 09:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity

Last year I won my league with 500k in the bank, the year before I won with 1kk (1 million) in the bank.

When I wanted to upgrade, I did, I had the cash then and there I didn't have to do a double trade to make up the difference.

This year I will have at least 350k in the bank. I will upgrade who I want, when I want and in the end saving on trades and buying prems when they link 2-3 bad games together.

Chopps

all well and good serenity but surely that is way to many points sitting doing nothing while your playin a rooki who might or might not get a geme i can afford a kornes or hodge who will play all games bar injury and pump out 100 + scores

you only play leagues then?

Serenity

I thru a few games last year so my overall is not an accurate reflection. Maybe it is, i am ok, but in no way a gun, sure i might of had some nice weekly placings and some gun weekly score, but not week in week out consistent.

Cash in hand v 'potential' points on the bench is interesting. What is the real diff between a gun rook say 60-70 (typical mid gun rook) and a 400-430k player, say the magic number is 4169 who will score 95-103, an extra 35-40 points, but in terms on value not as much if you consider the 30 point loss, enables you to upgrade say a Martin, rook price at him maximum, to a Swan, anytime you want, after 6-7 rounds when the rook has cashed. One trade, out with a rook, in with who ever you want.

I guess i should say, i am mostly interested in a league win, and will have at least fanfooty tweakings, 393k+.

Prospector_1

Quote from: Serenity on January 29, 2011, 03:28:16 AM
I thru a few games last year
i am mostly interested in a league win

No sh*t!

Dream Large - be ready to have worldwide braggin' rights!

Serenity

Quote from: Prospector_1 on January 29, 2011, 03:34:24 AM

No sh*t!

Hands Prospector_1 the "look at me Kimmy" award.  Gratz

Prospector_1

Quote from: Serenity on January 29, 2011, 03:38:07 AM
Quote from: Prospector_1 on January 29, 2011, 03:34:24 AM

No sh*t!

Hands Prospector_1 the "look at me Kimmy" award.  Gratz

OK, why are you mostly interested in a league win? Who else is in the league?

Barlow 21

Going for overall so will hope to have 20-40k in the bank. ;D

Chopps

why aim just for a league win i reckon you can do both, league takes a bit of fun out of the multi bye rounds where you have to choose players from different clubs

elephants

oh dear i have 333 k left and i dont know where to upgrade!!!!!!!!!!! help!!!!!!!!!!