mid pricers strategy

Started by Robert Harvey 35, January 10, 2011, 04:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Harvey 35

what do you reckon about this line up. gone for a bit of a mid pricers strategy. havent really thought about league or overall points with this team, just tryed to go for a good even spread. im more of an overall toyata hilux chaser than a league player. let me know wat you think?

DEF: B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, L. Gilbee, J. Gwilt, J. Adcock, A. Otten (M. Hibberd, C. Richardson, M.Coad)
MID: P. Chapman, B. Goddard, L. Anthony, A. Walker, J. Sherman, D. Swallow (N. Foley, A. Krakouer, T. Mzungu)
RUC: A. Sandilands, D. Petrie (A. Cordy, Z. Smith)
FWD: N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, C. Rioli, M. Morton, T. Varcoe, C. Knights, R. Petterd (I. Smith, J. Darling, D. Talia)
CASH LEFT: $200

jim cowski

personally, im not a fan of the midprice strategy.

no swan, what is your reasoning behind that? do you think he'll slow down?

chapman and goddard in midfield doesnt work for me. i think you should be basing your forward and backline around them respectively.

i dont like the picks of gwilt, gilbee, walker and varcoe as i dont think theyll improve much (dt wise).

Good forward and back benches.

not much spare cash. i always like to have about 20k in the bank but thats just me.

6.5/10

Robert Harvey 35

gwilt killed it late last yr and finals. and with gilbert going forward gwilt will be used to rebound from the back 50 cos hes a gun kick. hes a unique but i got a good feeling about this. brett ratten said he will be using walker as a midfielder/forward role this yr after he requested a trade. gilbee and varcoe are underpriced and with harbrow and ablett jnr gone i think will increase there scoring.

chappy and goddard in the mids is for mpp. they are 110 avg players. id rather have them pumping them out in mids than some other mpp chums chewing up points in the mids.

i dont think swan will slow down but i have gone with out him purely for the strategy of it all. chappy, goddard are lock and load captains week in week out.

j959

interesting ...

but ...

Mids - i'd reiterate jim's comments on Godds/Chappy but i s'pose it's personal preference. I think you're depriving yourself of premium options in the mid line where you'd usually pump out most of your points - eg missing out on Boyd, Montagna, Hayes, Pendles etc, etc and even dare I say it someone like K Cornes?!?  ;)

Def - don't have a problem with Gilbee but Gwilt i think is just a bit too inconsistent (the way you describe him sounds like he'd be great for SC) and for just $60k or so more you could get players like Duffield/Broughton (Freo no league byes) - there's a reason his avg is around 70 - his 2010, i can see 6 scores under 60pts with another two in the mid-60s - not sure you'd want a mid-pricer doing that?!?

Fwds - no big issues ...

RiOtChEsS

my first year i had to many mid pricers and they go nowhere treading water at best and i finished around 20,000... last year only had a couple finished around 2000 if u can gather the couple that breakout with the right mix of premiums ur on a winner

bomberboy0618

yeah too many can stuff up if not pulled off right  :(

ronl

Yea, I'm a car chaser also.  I really think you have to pack a bit of power right from the start and get a score on the board over the first 5 rounds or so.  If you fall too far behind it's impossible to catch the good players.  With your team, I like it, and see what you're trying to do, but you're one big puncher short on each line.

Robert Harvey 35

thanks for your thoughts ronl. im gunna have a couple of teams with a few strategies. that will give me more chance to take the car if the new fixture burns a few strategies. my thinking here is that by spreading the cash further i will be able to pump out consistant scores where as others may be burned with the byes. the thinking is that if you go for rookies and premiums strategy say 14 keepers etc etc. those 14 keepers maybe only really 12 each week possibly 11 or even 10 during rounds 4 5 6 during the triple bye rounds. before teams start upgrading. if i get lucky and get some of these mid pricers to pull out some big improvements i might be a chance. cos its a long season and i reckon a few will run out of trades and be eating severe Cinnamon come rounds 20-24 

pyronerd

not a fan of the mid-pricers strategy, u can usually get good rookies who go nearly, if not as well as most mid-pricers, i think gwilt would be a good sc option but not so much dt, personally id downgrade 1 mid-pricer and upgrade 1 mid-pricer from each line (except ruck the rucks are very solid) your team looks to be able to manage the multi-bye rounds fairly well though ill give u 7.5/10 

Robert Harvey 35

yeah thanks pyronerd. ppl say most midpricers score the same as rookies. yes thats most midpricers but the players that you pick in any team are mid pricers which are set for a breakout yr, change in role or wat ever else happens to them so that they become premium dters. yes i would rather take a rookie that will average 70 to a player twice the price to avg 70. but these players are all capable of becoming dt premiums. you got to be lucky to get 6 or 7 of theses in your team. we'll watch nab cup. get all the info we can and give it a red hot crack.