Browny's Newly Updated DT

Started by browny_wce, January 16, 2011, 01:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

browny_wce

With all the suspect positional changes and the fact i havent been on here in ages i thought id post a new team for all to view

BACKS
B.Goddard(B/C), B.Gibbs(B/C), C.Enright, B.Deledio(B/C), J.Adcock, A.Otten, B.Jacobs(B/C)
(P.Poupolo, M.Hibberd(B/C), B.Harvey)

MIDS
D.Swan, M.Boyd, J.Selwood, L.Anthony, D.Swallow, L.Shuey
(D.Heppell(C/B), S.Atley, T.Mzungu(C/F))

RUCKS
D.Cox, D.Jolly
(Z.Smith, T.McDonald(R/F))

FWDS
L.Franklin, A.Didak(F/C), A.Goodes(F/C),  N.Riewoldt, C.Knights, D.Petrie(F/R), A.Krakouer(F/C)
(J.Lamb, J.Darling, A.Hooper)

rate it and let me know any faults (changes in bold)
$14,700 left

Jukes

Rawlings I don't like, never considered getting him at all
Poupolo, never heard of him, unique?
Great defence other than that

If possible upgrade Gaff to Shuey, Worsfold likes Shuey so he will get more game-time in better positions
I'd prefer Hayes to Selwood
Other than that great mids

Exact same ruck force as me, great stuff

Goodes hasn't done much since his last brownlow, could be a good unique. I'd prefer going to Brown.

Good team, 8.8/10
Rate mine? http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,23942.0.html

j959

browny, i'll have a proper look in the morning mate ...

Addendum - 11am AEDST:
okie, sound team - 8/10.

no faults really.
things to consider:

Rawlings is a unique pick, not sure he'll replicate his stellar 2010 form though and might lose you a bit of cash early in the season? Brad Harvey is interesting, haven't heard anything about him.

i think Gaff is fine - accumulating machine apparently - perfect for DT.

Another Cox/Jolly gambler - I luv it! wish I had the balls to do it as well but i'm a bit of a coward.  ;)

Fwds strong - I like Jed Lamb but not sure if he'll get the early games - will depend on pre-season (obviously) but maybe also Swans' injuries as there's a lot of depth at that small forward position - TDL, G Rohan, McGlynn, ROK, and they even might swing L Jetta in there at times with this new sub-rule??

browny_wce

cheers lads

was more into Rawlings when he was MPP but now that he is just a back it could be interesting, will have to keep an eye on him

Poupolo is a mature age recruit for Hawthorn, should slot into Cambell Browns old spot at Back Pocket, and apparently can rack it up

a Gaff to Shuey trade is one also on the radar to me, very similar players but Shuey has been in the system for 3 years now and still rookie priced.
just going for Gaff at the moment as he was such a stat slut in TAC Cup

i recon Selwood is 10x better then Hayes, has a history of BIG scores with that 180 two years back

not sure why youd consider Goodes to be a unique (brownlow has nothing to do with DT) Goodes is an obvious better choice to Browny considering how Goodes finished 2010 and the fact that Brown is still in rehab mode

im not sure on the risk with Jed Lamb, just liked him in the NAB testing, such a damaging kick, on both sides! i did go for Pods and Rockliff from Round 1 last year and they didnt play until a few games into the season but were great investments for me, so willing to take a non-selection Round 1 with Lamb if it means he might sneak into the Swans team later down the track