Dustin Martin

Started by DTDreamer, January 18, 2011, 07:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTDreamer

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/106784/default.aspx

take a look at this article. I know, "2nd year rule" but I feel he didn't reach his potential last year. Anyone giving him a shot?

dale93

I am very very tempted him and scully are very tempting with a lot of talent but won't make much cash

CuStArDaRm

If I had a feeling they were gonna crck the ton for the season I would pick him, hard to tell but he definately has got the class

FLOPITOUT1

Quote from: dale93 on January 18, 2011, 07:34:01 PM
I am very very tempted him and scully are very tempting with a lot of talent but won't make much cash
+1

McRooster

They will both fly under the radar but it's their lack of appreciative value keeping them out of most sides.
Are Richmond going to play finals, no.
Are Melbourne going to play finals, possibly.
Point is if you're going for the uniquness of one of these two - go for Scully.
Successful sides generate better scoring, average is better too. + he has the kicker of having two bye rounds in the non league playing rounds.

David Mackay from the Crows was similarly priced last year pre season with similar average but it was his third year in 2010 that had coaches interested - 2nd year rule comes into play because mental toughness plays such a strong factor in a player after the thrill and hype of the debut season.
Have a look next year I think  ;)

Hawka

afl website has released martins price
$296,800.
not a bad price but dont think il b goin there

MTTY

The ones i feel wont be affected by the 2nd year rule this year are  Scully and Martin

HarleyL

He is a GUN footballer and I think I may pick him this year if he keeps going like this in the NAB cup.

GO TIGERS!!

MTTY

Quote from: HarleyL on January 28, 2011, 03:14:00 PM
He is a GUN footballer and I think I may pick him this year if he keeps going like this in the NAB cup.

GO TIGERS!!
Yeah definately a gun has maturaty beyound his years