Daniel Rich 2011

Started by PowerMan, January 03, 2011, 03:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerMan

@ only about $350k I think Rich could be the buy of the season midfield wise. With Rischitelli & Sherman gone and Black now in his twilight years, you'll find his numbers this year will go through the roof. Is in his 3rd year now traditionally players tend to go pretty well in their 3rd years.

valkorum

Interesting prospect. I did have a look at Rich but at 350 you can spend only $50k more and get a genuine keeper.

PowerMan

Quote from: valkorum on January 03, 2011, 03:38:58 PM
Interesting prospect. I did have a look at Rich but at 350 you can spend only $50k more and get a genuine keeper.

lol, typo, should be $350K. It Fixed now

dyslexiauntied

I am thinking of this way with the Brisbane midfield somebody has to get the ball (I would be combing there midfield for bargins). Power and Black are aging and Rich should be the next cab off the rank and will be scoring heavy some time soon hopefully this year.

dale93

He will get the number 1 tagger from the oppoenent won't he?

PowerMan

He may, but his number will still increase, and with a bigger engine he could be able to break the tag. Also he hasn't missed a game in 2 seasons, so he could be handy durability wise.

valkorum

I was saying that if he is priced at $350k then its only $50k to get a keeper instead of him

Jez Do It

350K is probably too steep for a maybe.  If you get him, it would need to be as a keeper which is risky.  However, picking him up could be a unique pick and if he does smash it, you'd be laughing!  I'm not that brave I'm afraid.  I'm locking in Delid's for about 30K more for my 4th mid - and he's looking like a DPP to switch with Gibbs/Goddard.

elephants

Nah doesn't play a slutty enough game to be a good dter. He is much to effective and dangerous

McRooster

He's a bit Rich for me  ;)

Daniel's damage is done to the play when he laces out those 60mtr missiles at just above head height, the man breaks open play a bit like Stewey Dew used to punt over the flood. He just hasn't used that weapon to kick enough goals for me and is unlikley to attack that sort of role this year. May go lower in price but certainly won't soar to premium levels, 50k better spent elsewhere for a keeper.