Main Menu

Midfield Mixture

Started by bomberboy0618, November 30, 2010, 10:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tferrier18

Don't forget, GC's midfield isn't all rookies...they do have Harris who will help him out enormously, as well as rischitelli and brennan. Swallow has a mature body as well so I don't think he's at as big of a disadvantage as everyone thinks.

Also keep in mind Ablett started 2010 priced at 750k and bomber played him fwd quite often, so if anything I think Ablett's underpriced.

The team I've made which has the highest scoring average has Ablett & Swan in it at the moment, with Goddard in the backs.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: LiveTheDream on December 01, 2010, 11:00:09 AM
Currently i'm toying with two different midfields:

1. Goddard, Swan, Selwood/Bartel, Foley, Swallow, Gaff.

3 keepers, foley should score well enough and the two must-have rookies. room to upgrade whenever really and means I can hopefully finish with the top 6 mids

2. Goddard, Pendlebury, Bartel, Jack, Foley, Swallow

4 keepers but Jack is a risk, less room to upgrade but higher scoring from the start.
i like jack, had him from the start this year and it payed dividends.

i'm leaning towards option 1 but what do you think?

Knowall

If i were you id have option 1 but maybe have Pendlebury instead of Swan i think theres more value there
But im probally going for something similar having 3 prems 1 midpricer and 2 rookies seems the best way to go considering u pick ur midpricer well

tferrier18

Foley is a pretty fail-safe mid pricer/cheapie.

Richmond don't have the bye til r11 or something so he can easily be upgraded by this time. Meaning you can start him, deledio and someone like houli, riewoldt or conca without having to worry about the bye

Junktimer

i think 3 premiums and 6 rookies or 2 premiums or 2 mid pricers, and 5 rookies is the way to go.

MajorLazer

I might be going 2 premiums, 7 rookies.

Master Q

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 22, 2010, 11:21:23 AM
Care to Explain. Can be Dangerous, can't just stack on GC can you?

MajorLazer

Quote from: Master Q on December 22, 2010, 11:25:57 AM
Quote from: MajorLazer on December 22, 2010, 11:21:23 AM
Care to Explain. Can be Dangerous, can't just stack on GC can you?
No my mids may be:
eg.
Swan, Goddard, D.Swallow, A.Gaff, D.Heppell, S.Atley
Bench
M.Wallis, A.Krakouer, J.Green

That would be my mids if I go with that strategy.

Master Q

Ok. The NAB Cup can change that though, completely.

MajorLazer

Yes it definitely could. That mids can help me get stronger backs and forwards though.

Master Q

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 22, 2010, 11:31:54 AM
Yes it definitely could. That mids can help me get stronger backs and forwards though.
I'm guessing everyone would either have Goddard/Hodge in there Mids, then the one left over in the Back Line. Will that include you?

nas

Quote from: Master Q on December 22, 2010, 11:38:19 AM
Quote from: MajorLazer on December 22, 2010, 11:31:54 AM
I'm guessing everyone would either have Goddard/Hodge in there Mids, then the one left over in the Back Line. Will that include you?

Would account for at least 95% with the others being Delidio & or Kelly

tferrier18

I think the most ideal mid setup is:

3 prems, 1 mid/cheapie, 2 rookies - Allows for consistent scoring with 3 prems but also has room to trade and bring players in with the potential for your mid/cheapie to score well.

Otherwise I think 3 prems and 3 rookies works well too.

Definitely think you need 3 prems minimum, although Goddard and Swan combo with a cheapie and 3 rookies could also work.