Shortlisted, Could Be Good
1 (25%)
Upgrade Target, He'll Fall
0 (0%)
50/50, We'll See
0 (0%)
Unlikely, Would Need A Miracle
3 (75%)
Hell No, Why Would He Come Into Consideration?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Justin Bieber

Summary: James Polkinghorne
Team: Brisbane                   Birthdate: 21 Jan 1989
Height: 183cm                     Weight: 81kg
Recruited: Calder Cannons   State: VIC
Games: 43                           Goals: 21 

I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of Polky. Got alot of hype last pre season and didn't do much when on field during the season. Had too many sub 50 games for my liking. Besides a 93 point game in round 8 (against the Cats as well), next highest score was only 79 out of 15 games during the year. Having only 4 games over 70 can tell you why he didn't live up to the hype.

Although, he could be a nice small midfielder when let to roam free. Played in that role where he was a ball magnet at the Calder Cannons. Not sure why the Lions chose to change him to a defensive small forward/tagger though. His defensive roles are really cutting into his scoring. His defensive small forward role has led to some goals, but not enough to help his DT scores. He just can't rack it up like he use to. If he move to the midfield, he could prove his worth but in the same position, don't think he's capable of pulling out DT tons often.

The Crystal Ball:
Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $238,900
Position: Forward

Another cheap forward option. Not sure if he provides as much value as Petrie or Gamble though. Have to see where he plays first as if it's a free roaming midfielder (in the Lion's exodus), could prove a valuable investment.

Decision:
As I said before, I'm not a fan. Think he's overrated right now. Still at a fairly young age so think he has potential if he can influence the game more. For me, it's a NO. If this season was anything to go by, might not improve a whole lot but age is on his side. He's got upside with his age, but will that show in his DT scores?

Fletch74

Unlikely for me, there is better value in other forwards around his price or below.

brodman_18

Much more likely to play with Sherman and Brennan gone

SydneyRox

elephants

strongly considering to be honest.

he should (as brodman mentioned) get some extra midfield time with sherman and brennan goone and he is very very cheap. i will watch and see how he is used through out the nab cup

nice write up hp ;)

Justin Bieber

Could be used well if he was a midfielder let loose. But Lions are using him as a tagger which is limiting his scoring right now. Will have to see how Voss continues to use him with Polec and Green maybe filling up the midfield (still making him a tagger).