Shortlisted, Could Be Good
2 (22.2%)
Upgrade Target, He'll Fall
0 (0%)
50/50, We'll See
5 (55.6%)
Unlikely, Would Need A Miracle
1 (11.1%)
Hell No, Why Would He Come Into Consideration?
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Justin Bieber

Summary: Ryan Gamble
Team: St Kilda     Birthdate: 23 Sep 1987
Height: 184cm     Weight: 78kg
Recruited: Glenelg 
Games: 29           Goals: 39 

This young 23 year old has been touted highly by many to be a good solid forward pocket. But in such a tough team like Geelong, it would be quite hard for anybody to break into their team even with their forwards not being Superstar quality. Playing only 24 games in 5 seasons with Geelong. Rolled the dice this off season demanding to be moved in search for more gametime. This plea landed him in the National Draft which saw St. Kilda pick him up quite cheaply. However, would this be better than Geelong as it is a team in it's Premiership Window.

Although he's been given limited opportunities thus far, His season in 2008 showed us he may have potential when he averaged 63.9 points over 13 games. Still being in his early 20's, still has time to grow and perhaps blossom at a new home where he will hopefully get games. And he should be reaching his peak soon and could prove to be a good buy if he lives up to all his potential. Although he's never set the DT world alight, I believe he holds quite some upside if shown some faith by Lyons.

The Crystal Ball:
Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $202,900
Position: Forward

If anybody is looking for cheap forwards, could be a suprise packet. Price is decent and could gain around 100k if playing early.

Decision:
Considering he is 200k hopefully, could find a spot in my team. Although shortlisted for now depending on if he will fit into the Saints lineup. Some are saying he might slot into the Forward pocket along with Milne with Kosi and Stanley rotating rucks. If he is going to get games, I will seriously look at him. With a midfield like the saints, their won't be any trouble for deliverance into the forwards. Although their game style is defensive.

So will you take a Gamble on Gamble?

Fletch74

Will have to see how he fits into the Saints line-up before I make my opinion... 50/50

ronl

In my opinion he was a poor decision maker and poor user of the ball - by Geelong's standards!   Maybe he'll shine at a new club...but doubt it.

Justin Bieber

He was but considering he didn't get many games and was on the fringes, can't blame him for being under alot of pressure to stay in the team. Kinda like Prismal under Knights. Never had time to settle, so never got going properly.

Last month, there was a plan to rotate Kosi and Stanley in the rucks, so a Forward Pocket spot would be open for him. Not sure how that plan is going but does give hope to his prospect for games.

SydneyRox

I would have been happy for Sydney to pick him up, I think he will be a handy player, but I dont think he will rate as far as DT

ronl

Hellopplz, your comparison to Prismall could be spot on, interesting to see how Brent goes with Hirdy and his old coach calling the shots.

pyronerd

im already planning to get a few saints players and with the byes this year dont want to have to many from any one club  :P

McRooster

I just think if we roll the dice on Gamble it may just come up 'Snake eyes'  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ronl on December 15, 2010, 07:30:02 PM
Hellopplz, your comparison to Prismall could be spot on, interesting to see how Brent goes with Hirdy and his old coach calling the shots.
First thing that came to mind. If used well, could be an asset to the team. Lets hope so.

Justin Bieber

I'm guessing that means 50/50 Flipout?