$84 rookies..

Started by dale93, November 19, 2010, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dale93

Can we start a forum helping me find the best value $84 dollar rookies?Who will play the most games and make the most money?ideas for ever position please?

ossie85

Looks like you just started one yourself :)

Rookie draft hasn't been yet, but reckon Majak Daw (Fwd/Ruc possible) and Dylan McNeil (fwd/mid) are good bets

Justin Bieber

Backs:
Xavier Clarke (If Fit and MPP. But has had his troubles with injuries in the past few years).
Cam Richardson (North rate him highly and dominated in the VFL this year).
Josh Toy (GC and RB like him :P).
Daniel Talia or Sam Shaw (If the Crows look for a KPP these guys could fill that void).
Micheal Coad or Sam Iles (Not sure if they will get games but if they do could be nice cash cows).
Jake Batchelor (A good Half Backer and might feature in Richmond's plan).     
Tendai Mzungu (Racks them up and is a ready made AFL player. Freo's success with mature age rookies will help his cause as they have an eye for talent).   
Paul Puopolo (Apparently a ready made replacement for Campbell Brown).

Rucks:
Max Bailey (Injury prone but is rated very highly as a potential long term ruckman by the Hawks).
Max Gawn or Jack Fitzpatrick (If The Demon's want to try out a new ruckman alongside Jamar).
Zac Smith (Played very well in the VFL this year and should see plenty of time next season. Need I say more).
Scott Lycett (A Ruckman but can be played forward. With the Eagles need for a FF option, could play some games although not sure at this stage).

ossie85

Oh right, we're talking fantasy rookies not actual rookies my bad :)

Yeah, what Hello said :)

Justin Bieber

I'll get to the mids and forwards later but there are quite a few there ;).

elephants

haha niice list there hp :)

i will say mitch hallahan.

previously was vic country captain and went late in the draft :)

Justin Bieber

If you've seen my posts, I'm a big supporter of him 8). I think I brought him to the attention of a few guys on here ;D.

But a worry is will he get games at the Hawks who are full of similar players to him?

elephants

yeah i was kinda hoping he would go to a team with a weak midfield but the hawks just have so much depth :)

DT87

I can't help but think Mitch Hallahan will be 2011's Jarrod Kayler-Thomson. I'll be avoiding him.

elephants

browny_wce

Quote from: DT87 on November 22, 2010, 04:50:47 AM
I can't help but think Mitch Hallahan will be 2011's Jarrod Kayler-Thomson. I'll be avoiding him.
Hallahans not a mature age recruit, had an ankle injury during the Draft Combine so couldnt test (thats prob why he slipped so far to 44) he has got great skills (both hand and foot) and is a solid, in-and-under, tough-nut midfielder (a very good boxer), with great leadership potential (captained Vic Metro) whereas JKT was an old, lanky, VFL stat slut, outside winger with average skills.

dont let the pick number fool u, Sam Mitchell and Joey Montagna were drafted at pick numbers 36 and 37 respectively, in the 2001 Super Draft, even better Dane Swan was at 58 that year, one more Brian Harris at 71! (I'm not including Gary Ablett Jr at pick #40 as it was a father/son rule)

Great draft that one, cant believe West Coast took Sampi at 6 and Seaby at 22, then Hansen at 38 (including Judd at 3, all have left/delisted West Coast)
Couldve had Bartel (8 ), Dal Santo (13), Kelly (17), Joey, Mitchell or Swan, bloody Eagles!

but i digress. Hallahan shud be a super pick! (probly wont play til halfway thru the season which will make him a good downgrade option)

Cicjose

impressive info there browny :)

Justin Bieber

DT87

Haha, good one. I do agree with pretty much everything you said browny - I was only comparing him with JKT based on job security due to Hawthorn's strong midfield, nobody wants to see him getting picked in round 1, then only getting two more games.  >:(

I just don't want to be too optimistic about the players from this draft - there will be just as many DT failures as DT success stories, just like every other year.