First Picked Players

Started by Cicjose, November 20, 2010, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

These are the first players picked in the draft by each club so IMO the most likely to debut Round 1.  This is NOT the be all and end all when it comes to rookies.

The players that I think that will be the least likely to debut come round 1 will be from Geelong, Collingwood and Sydney

I will get the rookie draft details when that is available

Adelaide - Brodie Smith - Defender

Brisbane - Jared Polec - Midfielder

Carlton - Matthew Watson - Defender

Collingwood - Alex Fasolo - Forward

Essendon - Dyson Heppell - Defender

Fremantle - Jayden Pitt - Forward

Geelong - Billie Smidts - Defender

Gold Coast - David Swallow - Midfielder

Hawthorn - Issac Smith - Forward

Melbourne - Lucas Cook - Forward

North Melbourne - Shaun Atley - Midfielder

Port Adelaide - Ben Jacobs - Defender

Richmond - Reece Conca - Midfielder

St Kilda - Jason Cripps - Defender

Sydney - Jed Lamb - Forward

West Coast - Andrew Gaff - Midfielder

Western Bulldogs - Mitchell Wallis - Midfielder

I hope this helps you all in planning for 2011

MiGZ

Why Sydney? I think Longmire might adopt a youth policy...

Cicjose

I think goodes and O Keefe will play Key forward with Mike Pyke getting some more game time and he will be likely to drift forward also Bradshaw is still playing so unless bradshaw retires or a LTI happens i dont see Lamb in round 1 at this stage.

elephants

where are we thinking goodesy will play next year? surely midfield?

Cicjose

if goodes plays midfield does that give Lamb a better chance to debut?

elephants

SydneyRox

Agree with the fact Jed Lamb will struggle to play round 1. Depends on the NAB form I would suggest, very much like last year with Rohan and Jetta. In my opinion the only real locks from this list to play round one are Swallow, Heppell, Atley and Conca, maybe Gaff?

Justin Bieber

Main locks should be Swallow and Gaff. Polec, Atley, Heppell, Conca and Wallis should be the next in line.

All possibly should start from round 1.

Cicjose

you aren't sure about Jacobs then Hello? I had Paul Stewart a few years ago and he was serviceable but i would think that Jacobs will be in front of Stewart now

Justin Bieber

Don't hear alot about Port so don't know about his chances. I'm hearing he's quite a good player but don't know enough to say whether he'll play :-X.

Could probably jump a few in line though.

Cicjose

its just im trying to gauge how good a player he is. Everyone says he is a gun (I think he averaged 29 disposals in 10 games or something)

Justin Bieber

I would say that's a question for Port supporters ;).