Main Menu

Look What I Got.

Started by Alex7089, November 12, 2010, 12:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Bowler type and orders will have a lot to do with that.
Finger spinners and mediums will go for less runs but less likely to take wickets.
Fast Mediums are the happy medium, they go for some runs, take some wickets, can depend on the pitch and whether they're having a good day.
BUT, when the finger spinners/mediums bowl and go for virtually no runs it creates RRR pressure which makes it a HELL of a lot easier to take wickets with your strike bowlers :)

(This is what WTR told me)
So, you obviously want to open with your strike bowlers to try and take early wickets and thus slow down the runs due to collapse pressure which will then create RRR pressure. Then the rfs/rm/lfs/lm will come in and put even more pressure on then maybe bowl 1 strike bowler with an economical bowler and you should start taking a fair few wickets 8)

roo boys!

Yeah it depends a lot on that, but for me Smith Is a medium pacer but he is a strike bowler too...

Alex7089

Bonus 8)
I suppose most outs/spec bowlers would b strkie bowlers :P

roo boys!

Alex7089

Next season may be different ;D

Should still do pretty well though :P

roo boys!

He will be 28 next season too :'(

But yeah I have faith in him to pick up some wickets here and there :)

Alex7089

Pfft, hewill keep going until he's 30 if you need/want him to ;)

roo boys!

Yeah I think he could, he is on Strength training for the rest o his career so his fitness will build up, his primaries don't need any more work.

Alex7089

Haha certainly not.
Primary training wouldn't get far at his age anyway :-\

roo boys!

Nah it wouldn't, and I'm not that much of a primary monster to build him up to Spec/Excep :P

Alex7089

Imagine the wage :o
That would take forever though :P

roo boys!

lol yeah, not if i have a double deluxe academy ;)