Very big issue.....please open and help

Started by dale93, December 30, 2010, 11:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dale93

I am looking to win the car this year not to worried about the league but i think if your owning the overall rankings the league should fall into place for you but the problem is my team is $237k over at the moment...i need you wonderful people on this site to try and help me work out some ideas to try and take some money of so i get back into green....can you also please rate the team and any comments to help me out...
See you all in september driving my new toyota :) :P
You guys really do help on this site...

I have only just got back onto a computer as i am in the north on a holiday so noone worry about my shower team i posted on the way up.....i think i deleted it anyway

Happy new year and get ready for 2011 season....i am excited not sure about you though?

Defence:
Brendon Goddard
James Kelly
Brett Deledio
Paul Duffield
Nick Malceski
Jed Adcock
Andy Otten

Sam Iles              
Paul Puopolo              
Cameron Richardson      

Midfield:
Dane Swan
Alan Didiak
Jobe Watson
Brady Rawlings
Hamish Hartlett
David Swallow

Joshua Green              
Mitch Hallahan              
Jasper McMillan-Pittard         

Ruck:
Aaron Sanderlands
Mark Jamah

Zac Smith
Tom Mcdonald

Forward:
Steve Johnson
Nick Riewalt
Matthew Pavlich
Travis Varcoe
Michael Johnson
Chris Knights
Drew Petrie

Ben Griffiths              
Jack Darling              
Daniel Talia      

I have also highlighted a few uniques in every position that i have picked...can you please comment on them as i think that uniques are very important to be successful...just gives a tiny edge   

McRooster

Hamstring Hartlett first to go, look at Foley and save 20k.

3 starting Cats with no real depth on your bench may cause issues in bye rounds (as I don't see any of your bench appreciating enough in value to trade out ahead of Geelongs first bye in rnd 6)-Varcoe to Paul Stewart or Andrew Moore (both from Power) will net you between 60k and 150k plus give you MPP. Port has had Ebert go down with knee injury and Tredrea retire, Gray in and out plus Motlop....well who knows with Motlop. This all means that forward opportunities will be aplenty at Alberton.

Swan and Didak is a big commitment to that starting midfield, maybe Didak to Higgins (not many on him, keeps a unique in the mid after you drop Hartlett) and save 70k.

Goddard to Gibbs (upgrade someone else in your backline later to Goddard) and save 70k.

By my calculations that could save you as much as 310k and you could actually have a bank of 80 odd thou.

Holz

Not a huge fan of mcroosters chnages, if you want to go for the car you need to start string with the super guns, so keep goddard and swan.

i would go rawling to anthony, save some cash and get a beter player
eski is volatile and will come down in price, i would swap him for the rookie ben jacobs from port than you will have heaps of money to spend else where.
maybee upgrade Didak as there is no point having to collingwood midfielders.

i think you went a bit overbored with the uniques maybee 2 or 3, there is normally a reason players are unique. I always find its beter to get unique rookies and go for the proven guns

dale93

What about adcock to a rookie?which is best value?then I make 100k and thanks heaps for your help so far :)

elephants

adcock will be very good value in my opinion this year you should keep him, he is more likely to turn into a keeper than a rookie. i strongly agree with the changes of holz you need the super guns like GOD and swannie. defs drop malceski he was one to jump on last year and he will drop in value, possibly a downgrade target next year. and yes do rawlings for anthony, anthony is underpriced and will make you money as well as delivering you great scores :)

Shaggers

For starters ditch Malceski and downgrade to a rookie, this will free up more dosh for a better midfield. I would put Rawlings in Defence and find a premium Mid with a link to defence.
Just seems a bit shallow in the guts mate, and thats your engine!

Otherwise you've nutted it out well. 8.5/10