DEATH BY BENCH.

Started by bazza16, April 16, 2009, 03:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazza16

.....my whole team is posted in the thread What to DO?
but my 2 main problems are
My backline:
Goddard|Drummond|Newman|Hodge|Cheney|Stevens, S|Houli|Petrenko|hill there.,..... Stevens has ****** up 2 games for me, the first one through *hamstring tightness" and the second one starting, put only getting 3 (concussed) and houli is not getting selected..... Should i trade houli if he is not selected down to Rance? or Hurn? or up for PRATT (ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING BOUT HIS MENTAL STATE?) or Gilbee?? THANKS (BTW if Rance will have at Least 2 draftees starting- probabl 3 with stevens injured) Thanks

&

My midfield structure with Princess(c)|Dal Santo|Rich|Ray|Hazle|Foley|Wells|Anthony sitting there- WIth either wells, hazle or foley on bench (hazle last week to my dismay of a 113-65 point difference over wells).... What should i do? Should i trade one for beams? and who should i trade?
thanks

CyclopZ

Just my suggestion - not saying its the best option... but given there inconsistancies.... depending on if you want to burn 2 trades....

what do you think about this

Wells out - Beams in
Foley out - Judd in

Should leave $200,000 in the bank to bolster up another need in your team later (Back line) and you will make money on Beams. Not to mention you get a cracking Super coach player in Judd..... Beams can cover for Anthony until he is ready to play later in the season.... i dont know, just a suggestion.

bazza16

Wow - really good idea- had not thought about doing a double trade in the mid- ........ I would preferrably NOT burn 2 trades (only on 16).... as i will probably burn one on houli anyway- who do you think i should trade him for?......Who would you trade out of wells and foley for beams? thanks- (of course, if i could pick my team again, judd beams TONS better than foley with wells on bench) thanks a lot again and in advance cyclopZ

CyclopZ

Bazza - I can totally understand if you dont want to burn 2 trades. I too have 18 left and was thinking about using 2 this week and then leaving it alone for a few weeks.

If I was to trade out Houli i would definetley look at Scott McMahon from north melbourne. He has averaged 100 (Round 1 - 98, Round 2 - 116 and Round 3 - 100) a week and looks to have decent efficiency and isnt afraid to tackle.... not to mention he has just risen in price and was around $380,000 and just jumped to $418,200.... might have to look at him or if you want to take a chance on Gilbert (this is what im thinking for my team)

If im making 1 trade in the midfield - i would being packing Wells' bags... a little bit to inconsistant for my liking. Foley atleast tries hard and gets plenty of it - just that his disposal is not the best.

Just my opinion. Best of luck with your decision.

bazza16

thanks cyclopz...... i do prefer foley in my team- but i think wells will regain form soon, and trading foley will save more money in the bank- i dont  think i'll trade out houli even if hes not playing because he appears quite close to selection- according to bombersfc... thanks with your thoughts