5 (62.5%)
3 (37.5%)
6 & below
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Knowall

Hey, Ive made a team courtesy of the flanplanner. Here it is:
DEF: Goddard, Hodge, Deledio, Hurn, Otten, Heppell, Toy.   Iles,Watson,Mzungu
MID:Murphy, Pendlebury, Boak(maybe someone else upto 570k any recommendations), Vince Swallow, Polec.  Atley, Krakeour, Wallis
RCK:Sandilands, Jolly.  Smith, McDonald
FWD: Riewoldt, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Sylvia, Knights, Dangerfield, Prestia. Lamb, Darling, Tapscott

Can u please not attack me for having players like Vince, and O'Keefe.  Im fully aware of any risks that they come with and expect all to improve by quite a bit from last year.  But im open to suggestions
The rookies ive selected are easily changable and will decide with NAB cup.
NB: I have 100k in the kitty

Luigi197

Hey KA; not a bad start, though i rated it a seven...

--Defenders are good, though you may want to reconsider having Toy and Iles both there as they are from the same club and byes may affect that...
--I've told many people this, but your midfield needs to be rock solid: I understand you have faith in Murphy, Boak, Vince and Cothin and that they all may improve; though you will be regularly caught out when other people will have much better super-premiums such as Ablett, Swan, Judd, Montagna, Selwood or Pentulbury... But if you are looking for a good mid-pricer in your midfield, go Foley ...
--I'd have Jolly in for Mumford for now untill you find out Mummy's condition with his injuries...
--With your forwards, you would like to have better premiums such as Didak and Cyril Rioli, but if it's hard to manage on price, they are ok options...  But you could even try and fit in Thomas or Riewoldt Junior if u can... Knights in your forward instead of Gray would be much better; then Dangerfield for a rookie such as I Smith would go well for money...
--Your choice of rookies are good though

I'm glad, Luigi  ;D

PS: remember to edit the original post after ou have put forward any alterations... :D

mophead222

Simple trade in the backs, one of your GC guys to cam richardson from North melbourne, he is tipped to get games straight away.

Sorry for the attack, but luigi  is right, need mids to be ROCK solid, e.g. proven performers. plus deffinately start gaff, he will most likely average top 3 or 4 most points out of rooks. downgrade some of your bench rooks also and use that  money  to pimp your  mds.

i think mumford will average less next year with seaby back in the lineup. IMO

Fowards, exactly what luis said

Knowall

OK thanks mophead and luigi for your thoughts.
Ive made a few changes to my team,
Did the Mumford to Jolly trade i think Jolly will score higher this year as he did have a very slow start last year.
Ive chucked in another Prem in the midfield-but dont want to go over the top because its easiest to make money in the mids.
Im not too concerned with rookies at th moment as its so early.
So ill decide to either get Polec or Gaff later in the pre-season.
Ill have a look at cam richardson

j959

Quote from: Knowall on December 17, 2010, 12:00:34 AM
MID:Murphy, Pendlebury, Boak(maybe someone else upto 570k any recommendations), Vince Swallow, Polec.  Atley, Krakeour, Wallis
FWD: Riewoldt, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Sylvia, Knights, Dangerfield, Prestia. Lamb, Darling, Tapscott

Can u please not attack me for having players like Vince, and O'Keefe.  Im fully aware of any risks that they come with and expect all to improve by quite a bit from last year.  But im open to suggestions
7/10 - not bad mate

agree generally with luigi's comments (Knights over Gray)
also,
Backs solid
mids as luigi said, some upgrades, for league Carlton players won't be available for the prelim (rd23) final. i'm not personally sold on Foley but if he fits your structure no worries
fwds  aren't bad either

i agree with you on O'Keefe and Vince ... you'd watch their pre-seasons anyway as with all your bench rookie choices
i like Boak as a player but not sure for fantasy, may be better options, did you change Cotchin for him? i'd actually stick with Cotchin with potential upside, though a gamble

Luigi197

Alternatives for Boak (less than 570..) could be:

Dal Santo, Boyd, Hayes, Cooney?

But if you do Cooney or Hayes, you can also bump up Murphy to Cross or Selwood, even Montags or Judd if possibile....

Torress

gday i'll put my 2 bob in - pretty much agree with the boys on the comments. but i didn't see the team b4 editing, and to be honest i kinda like, it just looks different and unique can be dam good.
jolly good but u aint got the bargain petrie in there mate. u can save 200k on that alone. if u don't know who he is look him up, you'll love what u see - 22 games each year pretty much averaging around 90. north will look much more special with him back. he pinches in the ruck/CHF/CHB. but i think he is tipped to play closer to home at FF, no matter good value for money. might be a little over priced, but another mid under 570k is watson? u have no bombers he is a rock solid 100 point a game in and under midfielder. yea he has the bye in round 24 but i don't see how that REALLY matters, everyone has 2 byes!and if he is ur only bomber whoopdy doo!  so if u were keen on the petrie move for jolly, pimp that midfield m8! 1st team i've seen with sylvia and ROK in it. i like ROK but he hits 30 now, so no starter for me anymore i view him as an upgrade target. sylvia teases then he gets injured, but he is a jet, i'll rate an 8 for unique factor (vince, boak, sylvia, even Murphy as ppl will go judd mostly and gibbs)

Junktimer

Quote from: Knowall on December 17, 2010, 12:00:34 AM

backs: dont like hurn.  (see every single rate my sc thread with him XD).  Watson and Iles are interesting, however i think coad, richardson or jacobs are better options.  -0.5

mids: i know you dont want to be criticised for vince, but he was very poor this year, i would be much more inclined to get liam anthony, mitch wallis unlikely to get games under rodney eade.  i would also go gaff over polec but i wont penalise you for that as either would be OK.  -1.5

rucks: cant fault it.

fwds: o'keefe and dangerfield are too big problems IMO.  i would trade danger for isaac smith, and o'keefe for didak or chappy or browny.  -1

overall, a good start 7/10

Knowall

Thanks JT.
Yea Hurn is no lock but at the same time hes cheap and very consistent,  Im also considering Grimes.  But its early days my mind could change again.
Vince did not score highly last year because he was injured.  He had a niggling hamstring injury pretty much all year last year and then injured his knee which saw him miss the rest of the season.  A fit Vince will be a productive Vince.
Same with ROK he had been injured as well and is fit now.  Would only consider upgrading him to Goodes or Didack not JB or Chappy.  Ill look at Isaac Smith as well.

Junktimer

Quote from: Knowall on December 19, 2010, 11:42:51 PM
Thanks JT.
Yea Hurn is no lock but at the same time hes cheap and very consistent,  Im also considering Grimes.  But its early days my mind could change again.
Vince did not score highly last year because he was injured.  He had a niggling hamstring injury pretty much all year last year and then injured his knee which saw him miss the rest of the season.  A fit Vince will be a productive Vince.
Same with ROK he had been injured as well and is fit now.  Would only consider upgrading him to Goodes or Didack not JB or Chappy.  Ill look at Isaac Smith as well.

yeah my issue with o keefe is that he was a tagger late in the season

Knowall

Yea i heard about it but didnt actually get to see it.  But with a new coach it could all change.  Its a bit of a waste of talent if does tho.