Main Menu

Please help me!

Started by Torress, September 21, 2010, 03:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torress

righto, i've seen ppl stipulate how to do this b4 but i don't know where to find these msgs.

i want to add a pic to my profile so it shows when i make a comment
look i'm not silly, been @ uni i know how to use computers but i get bored of them fairly quick. i'm not very familiar with terminology and how to do things other than use the most common of, what is it softwares? like word, excel, ect - u get my point! i don't know how to make websites or anything fancy - i know how to download, transfer pics, email and type!
so how do u do it???   i click on my profile in the top right hand corner, then it comes up with 3 options for adding a pic. i just go to the last one and choose to upload my own pic - but hey it doesn't work! its a jpeg pic (haha i know that!)

can somebody please tell me in detail how to go about it - literally treat me like a 5 year old and explain things in its entire!!

Alex7089

OK. Well, first of all. Getting pictures of your desktop or hard drive (my own pic) doesn't work properly on FF.

You need to use an image hosting site or the direct link of the website where the picture is. Are you online? I will talk you through it if you are.

roo boys!

Torress

no sorry i left the computer - right i think i might try having a crack at that - just cut and paste the web address - but what about all the other stuff on the web page? how does it single out the pic i'm after!! arghhhh i'll just try!

Alex7089

Give us the link to the page with the pic on it, we will give you the link you can paste into the box ;)

roo boys!

Go to the image on Google Images and click to see it full size then use THAT address.

Torress

by the way thank you for replying i appreciate it!

okay this is a test bit of a random photo but it makes me laugh

Alex7089

Quote from: roo boys! on September 21, 2010, 04:54:55 PM
Go to the image on Google Images and click to see it full size then use THAT address.
Only works with the old google images I think R&B.
No problem Toress.

Torress

Torress

haha it worked!!!!

thanks lads - think i'll find a different photo now!!

roo boys!

LOL I dont mind that photo :P

Alex7089

The white one looks familiar...
A pleasure Toress, glad we could help

roo boys!

It's not the turtle's sidekick is it?

Yeah it's our pleasure Torress.

Alex7089

Pretty clear who the rooster is, but, who is the rabbit. OHNOES!!! I think you are right, the turtles ally/slave/sidekick- Rabbit
*scary music

roo boys!

What a creative name for a Rabbit :P