Shortlisted, Could Be Good
3 (37.5%)
Upgrade Target, He'll Fall
2 (25%)
50/50, We'll See
0 (0%)
Unlikely, Would Need A Miracle
0 (0%)
Hell No, Why Would He Come Into Consideration?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Justin Bieber

Summary: Colin Sylvia
Team: Melbourne                 Birthdate: 8 Nov 1985
Height: 186cm                     Weight: 87kg
Recruited: Bendigo Pioneers   State: VIC 
Games: 105                        Goals: 81 

First thing that springs to mind when I think of Sylvia is his inconsistent ways and injuries. Lets start with injuries. In his 7 seasons so far, he is yet to play a full 22 games in a season with the most games in a given season being 18 back in 2008. Not a great record for those who want durable players. And he tends to be out with little things which kinda get frustrating at times. Pretty sure many were this season.

Now lets talk about inconsistency. Sylvia, depsite being priced so nicely (especially for Forwards), always seems to be inconsistent. He had 4 games out of 15 games this season with scores under 70. Not great and have to point out 2 of these scores were in the 40's. I would like to call Sylvia a Streak Player. We all know what Streak Shooting is in Basketball (right?). When a player gets on a roll, they just keep going and going with what they do best. Sylvia is the AFL version of this. A great example was from round 15-20 this season. He scored 124 103 124 149 78 113 in those 6 rounds. In 2009, he went on a similar streak earlier in the year (but still mid-season) that spanned for 6 games as well and were all over 9o point including a whopping 159 points!! That is awesome no matter who the player is. Anybody who can do that, is certainly worthy of some consideration at a level. Although we don't know when it will happen, is he worth the wait for that streak? Maybe it'll last for longer this season with more support in the team. Or maybe we can jump on early into the streak using a trade as he is inconsistent.

The Crystal Ball:
Based on m0nty's Fanplanner
Price: $411,000
Position: Forward/Centre

Not too pricey and is a nice cheaper premium compared to others. He’s entering his prime so should start providing some consistency for his price with a growing bunch around him. Although, in the midfield, there are many other options at that same price.

Decision:
I’d say either a Shortlist or Upgrade target for me. I believe he’ll find some consistency this year which puts him on the shortlist. But I feel when he is on fire, he’s really in DT form. Upgrading to him at the start of his fire streak could be a genius move.

elephants

dt talk just did a article on him :)

i think he is fighting with other premos to get a gig in my forward line, i am not sure yet sortlisted i will say :)

great work hp :)

Justin Bieber

Thanks El :). I find his streaks kinda interesting. One of the few players who do it.

Would beware of injuries though. I had him in my plans for this season but he got injured pre season ::).

elephants

Junktimer

if i do decide to do DT he will be in it, much more of a DT player than SC

great write up btw

popedelio

hes found room in my side, if healthy he will be one fwd who will tear it up in 2011

nas

Just can't make the mind up with him, injuries being the main concern for me.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: naste on December 22, 2010, 08:47:16 AM
Just can't make the mind up with him, injuries being the main concern for me.
Same for me. I really think he'll improve but his incosistency would make for a great Upgrade target. Couldn't he make it easier for us? :P.

Cheers JT.

Hawka

got him at the enod of last yr and was very good for me lock AT this stage

elephants

apparently brown will not be back to full training until feb so i am thinking sylvia in and brown as an upgrade target :)