Main Menu

An idea for FanFooty

Started by Doogie, August 30, 2010, 11:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie

Just a thought for the future, it would be good to know the persons current overall ranking or last seasons ranking that is giving suggestion or opinion on trade/dreamteam stradegy.
Everyone is open to their opinion ofcourse but would be interesting to see the opinion of someone ranked under 2000 to another person say ranked 20,000+.

Dont know how you could do it but would be cool just for insight.

dean01

Point taken Doogie but that would really just take away what a forum is.A sharing of ideas to be taken, dismissed or discussed.Agreeded some of the main contributers here have admitted there scores and they are not really up there.But they are still fun to read,especially when they hang it on each other.I was amazed at a thread started In the Front Bar,that asked who you would of voted for recently and half the replies were from regulars not old enough to vote yet.Will i listen to what they have to say based on there standing in the comp?Probably not,old or young.

ossie85

I'm working on creating a huge-spreadsheet of hugeness with all 750,000 odd SC and DT on it. Should help

Justin Bieber

:o :o ossie!!!

Nobody would want my advice for SC then ::). DT would be maybe :P. It could be a good idea but can lead to some people being rejected just because they had a bad year. Would hate to see people leave because of that.

Master Q

No, becasue people will only listen to the high ranked. It's like saying your vote is worth 10 votes because you are rich, or that you've been in Australia for a long time etc...

It would ruin the Forum imo.

Hawka

hawk_88

A top 1000 and a top 20,000 can be decided by1 or 2 bits of bad luck in the first few rounds. It can also depend on whether you play for ranking or league victory. I know, playing for league victory, I made a decision that probably cost me at least 5000 positions overall and I wouldn't have made it if I was looking at overall ranking. I won the league so ultimately the decision I made was right, but would it make my advice less worthy?

Also, when I ask for advice on this forum, I put much more weight in the reasoning behind the decision than who gave it or how many people gave it. That way I can decide for myself. I am making an informed decision not letting someone else play for me.

Just my opinion...

thatguy

Quote from: hawk_88 on August 31, 2010, 05:49:41 PM
A top 1000 and a top 20,000 can be decided by1 or 2 bits of bad luck in the first few rounds. It can also depend on whether you play for ranking or league victory. I know, playing for league victory, I made a decision that probably cost me at least 5000 positions overall and I wouldn't have made it if I was looking at overall ranking. I won the league so ultimately the decision I made was right, but would it make my advice less worthy?

Also, when I ask for advice on this forum, I put much more weight in the reasoning behind the decision than who gave it or how many people gave it. That way I can decide for myself. I am making an informed decision not letting someone else play for me.

Just my opinion...