8 (57.1%)
NO
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 3

ossie85

Dayne Beams

2010 Stats
Games: 21
Total Score: 1782 (Ranked 75th overall, 51st amongst midfielders)
Average Score: 84.86 (Ranked 113th overall, 68th amongst midfielders)
High: 125 (Round 18 )
Low: 35 (Rounds 10)
Standard Deviation: 20.48
Centuries: 3 out of 21
Starting Price: $402,300
High Price: $439,700 (round 20)
Lowest Price: $359,900 (round 12)

Summary:

One of Collingwood's finds of the last two years. Started the season off with controversy, not being selected after staying out beyond curfew. But, played all bar round 1, and is clearly in Collingwood's best 22. Consistent year, averaging 21.48 touches per game, and enters the magical third year next year.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number

Price: $450,700
Position: MID (possibly FWD/MID)

Let's not sugar coat it - that is expensive for a player like Beams. He never got that high in price during 2010, and only scored 3 centuries last year. He is consistent though, and for a player that young to be contributing so regularly is a very good thing.

What makes Beams more interesting is he kicked 25.28. That's 53 shots at goal, and there is a slight chance he might get the FWD/MID MPP. Also worth noting that if he improves his woeful accuracy, his Supercoach score will improve.

Decision:

Beams is an unlikely selection for me, but with MPP, maybe one to watch during the year.

Alex7089

I will have to say no to Beams. I think there are plenty of better options in that price range.
A bloke his age would no doubt find it a lot easier to perform in a top side, do you think Collingwood will be as good next year?

Maca24

MPP would be interesting though, especially if his price dips later on.

ossie85

Quote from: Alex7089 on September 17, 2010, 08:34:05 AM
I will have to say no to Beams. I think there are plenty of better options in that price range.
A bloke his age would no doubt find it a lot easier to perform in a top side, do you think Collingwood will be as good next year?

Trying to put my unbias hat on, but none of the current starting 22 are likely to go anywhere. So why not?

Fletch74

It depends if his role is different next year. I just don't see him improving that much in his current role for that price. I think they're perhaps will better options for that price who will improve more than Beams. So he is an unlikely option for me.

benjy251090

unlikely, mainly because i will get swan in the mids, so that means beams will not be in, if it was a year without byes i would have got swan and then think about who i would have chosen out of hill and beams, still, if i dont get swan he is a maybe

Boomz

Unlikely but he is somewhere on my list...

DazBurg

Quote from: benjy251090 on September 17, 2010, 10:09:31 AM
unlikely, mainly because i will get swan in the mids, so that means beams will not be in, if it was a year without byes i would have got swan and then think about who i would have chosen out of hill and beams, still, if i dont get swan he is a maybe
+1
except for hill
but yeah with swan is a no plus if i was going to get a second magpie mid it would be pendlebury

saborn

I've been looking at getting Beams if he is available as a forward. I think he's got a fair bit going for him to take a punt on him as a cheap premium

- Third year rule
- If he kicks straighter his scores will jump significantly
- In a top 4 team

Definitely wouldn't take him as a mid though

benjy251090

Quote from: saborn on September 17, 2010, 08:09:20 PM
I've been looking at getting Beams if he is available as a forward. I think he's got a fair bit going for him to take a punt on him as a cheap premium

- Third year rule
- If he kicks straighter his scores will jump significantly
- In a top 4 team

Definitely wouldn't take him as a mid though
unfortunately doubt he will be mpp :(