Carlton selection/rookies

Started by stevo, April 08, 2009, 04:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo

With the latest ins/outs that Carlton are likely to have this week - what is the expected impact on Rookies.  As much as I love the four rookie approach - I dont see that as sustainable although if they keep winning who knows. 

Factors to consider in this weeks selection:

Injuries - Jamison (2-3 weeks), Walker (longer)
Returns - Stevens (automatic), Grigg (likely), OhAilpin (if he can control his temper), Carazzo (soonish?)
Balance - Need defenders perhaps more than other areas on the ground
Depth - Armfield, Fisher, Browne, Harlett? and others waiting
Winning Games - Don't mess with what is working?

This does not paint a good picture for some of the young rookies - but with attractive BE's if they can get another match or two they are definately worth a punt...

Thoughts?

Bic

The players in trouble are Garlett, Jacobs, Joseph. In that order.

With Jamison out, that makes way for either Stevens or Carazzo, or they will do straight swap with Setanta, because I think they will want to keep Waite as the loose rebounder.

Cameron Cloke can serve as the second ruck, although personally I would want him as a permanent forward. I like Jacobs, old fashioned big bodied tap ruckmen, with a midfield like Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Hadley etc is great.

bassik

just picked up hadley, he's been the goods so far and hopefully if he can keep his body from being injured he will continue to deliver. my only concern is the re-introduction of stevens possibly hampering hadley's overall performances

BlueBoy

I would've thought that Joseph and Garlett are the most at risk. 

Stevens and Grigg should come back for one of those two (almost definitely Garlett) plus Jamison.  Setanta may come in for the other rookie (being Joseph).  Setanta is a nightmare player to me.  He seems to make so many errors.

Hell will break loose when Carazzo comes in.  No idea what we wouldve done had Walker not get re-injured (poor guy, i love the way he plays).

Jacobs for me is quite safe because he hasn't been playing that badly, been used as a link up player and i wouldve thought will hold until Warnock or Hampson comes into play.  Cloke is being touted as the forward option other than Fev.  And Kruezer can't take the full load of the workload just yet. 

bassik

true that. im very impressed overall with the blues' performance thus far. Im a dons fan but i have to say i have a soft spot for carlton because their list really is coming of age (and judd is a fkn superstar).

either way im hoping that hadley will make me a nice ammount of cash, as will houlihan (not too sure how much jacobs will bring in tho)

BlueBoy

Man, hadley is pretty much a ticking clock...but i hope he lasts it out for at least 6 weeks for you.  Start of the year i had him tipped as first out.  Now, we really use the tackles from him.  He's a bit injury prone though!

Bombers fans feeling nervous?

Prospector_1

In an era of low expectations, nerves are not an issue.