influencing the coaches

Started by bendylan, April 07, 2009, 02:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bendylan

i wonder how much of an effect we have on coaches with all this discussion, here and on bigfooty etc. look at rance for example. we know many AFL players play SC and assistant coaches and their mates would too. so is it a crazy idea to think all the people talking up a player (eg rance, as with palmer and ibbotson last year) may influence the assistant coach's mates, who may influence the asst coach with their conversation, and the asst may influence a head coach who's feeling in a tight spot and desperate to make a change that's acceptable to fans (eg a desperate t wallace after the carlton game)?

stinkfish

Alex7089

Do you really think an assistant coach will be more worried about his SC team or his AFL team? My guess is AFL

Bo

If i was an assistant coach, i'd be scouring the message boards, and doing my best to make my supercoach team into an afl team.

Gotta trade for Judd Goodes Ablett etc. If you can score 2200 with your SC team, imagine what you could do if you made it a real afl team !!

bendylan

i'm not saying he will care more about his SC team. but when trying to find an answer for his struggling AFL team, how much influence will there be from all the talk on discussion boards?

Al

Zero.

The coaching staff know the players better than anyone on this messageboard. Therefore everyone else's opinions are void.

Don't tell me you actually believe this? I worry about some people on here...

millsy123

i dont agree, but you might have this argument about the media? you fellas cant tell me the media does not have some effect on the coaching staffs opinions of a player, which then effects the thoughts on selection.

Prospector_1

If your coaches are listening to the media, why aren't you employing media people as coaches?

JamesBadge

Bendylan and Millsy, you are kidding yourself if you think we or the media has any influence on selections. The media and the discussion boards influence yours and my selections, certainly not AFL coaches. Guys, I have a healthy obsession with SC/DT (and still it's the closest thing to ending my loving relationship with my gal ) but it's a game with no persuasion over the real stuff. If people involved with the footy clubs have similar selections in their SC/DT teams as one another then perhaps they have inside word and its worth trying takingnote. I work with an ex-Melbourne player and thanks to a peak at his team (with permission) I put in Cheney. WE are influenced by the media, the discussion boards, the people involved with clubs. They are not influenced by us.