Main Menu

things to ponder...

Started by thatguy, September 02, 2010, 02:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatguy

with the AFL announcing the GC will have the bye in rd one, i wonder how much this will affect people raiding their rookies for SC??

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/101783/default.aspx

ossie85

Good question!

It means the rookies will take a week longer to gain cash....

thatguy

i suppose the other thing is we wont know who of them is playing either, as teams will need to be locked in so will be taking a punt on which kids they will play straight up.

ossie85

Quote from: thatguy on September 02, 2010, 02:30:32 PM
i suppose the other thing is we wont know who of them is playing either, as teams will need to be locked in so will be taking a punt on which kids they will play straight up.

HOLY CRAP! You're right!! *starts panicking*

benjy251090

you can take a guess at some of the higher talked of players

i am assuming Toy, Swallow, Hunt and Smith will all play, as well as probably some mid pricers like Harris

Some other ones that should play are matera and Ah Chee or however you spell it

thatguy

Quote from: benjy251090 on September 02, 2010, 02:34:21 PM
you can take a guess at some of the higher talked of players

i am assuming Toy, Swallow, Hunt and Smith will all play, as well as probably some mid pricers like Harris

Some other ones that should play are matera and Ah Chee or however you spell it
could wipe out some of the ''uniqueness'' of teams. being a tassie boy mav weller and luke russell are 2 highly touted kids but if they dont play well in the preseason might have to go for the ones who will more likely play than taking a punt.

sucks they have that bye. they should be made to put a squad together anyway  ;D

benjy251090

haha, yes they should, but those are the 4 that will be definately there so long as they are fit

at least this will be the only year for a bye :)

Alex7089

Well it will certainly be an interesting year, some weeks teams will be vulnerable etc. etc.

I think there are quite a few rookies who will play no doubt as benjy said other than that it is a punt, there will still be 16 other clubs with rookies ;)

Samm79

I am also concerned about which teams have the bye during round 19-22. This will determine which premi's I will be getting.

ossie85

Quote from: Samm79 on September 03, 2010, 10:08:24 AM
I am also concerned about which teams have the bye during round 19-22. This will determine which premi's I will be getting.

Rounds 21-24, but yes, get your point :)

thatguy

Quote from: ossie85 on September 03, 2010, 10:13:47 AM
Quote from: Samm79 on September 03, 2010, 10:08:24 AM

Rounds 21-24, but yes, get your point :)
with a couple of rounds involving 3 byes, league matches are going to be different. there wont be any when those rounds are played, only when one team has the bye

Samm79

QuoteQuote from: Samm79 on Today at 10:08:24 AM

Rounds 21-24, but yes, get your point 

thank you for once again correcting me Ossie  ;D

ossie85

Quote from: Samm79 on September 03, 2010, 03:37:55 PM

QuoteQuote from: Samm79 on Today at 10:08:24 AM

Rounds 21-24, but yes, get your point 

thank you for once again correcting me Ossie  ;D

Lol, excuse the pedanticness of me!