Kangas looking at some nice VFL names

Started by DazBurg, November 29, 2010, 08:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/vfl-stars-myles-sewell-and-steve-clifton-press-claims-at-north-melbourne/story-e6frf9jf-1225962793737

North have 5 VFL stars training with them atm and by looking at the names i imagine R&B would be pretty happy with it

Myles Sewell and Steven Clifton Derek Micallef, Scott Sherlock and Kyle Hartigan.

Hawka

i have heard of 3 of them sewell is awesome

hawk_88

Can't take em all... I think a few clubs might have a look

BoredSaint

Any chance that the AFL might start running 2 leagues like in EPL since the VFL is becoming quite strong?? :P

hawk_88

AFL doesn't run the VFL. The VFL already has reserves as the next tier.

Interestingly the 12 player rule (that only 12 AFL listed players can play in a VFL side in a match) has been lifted so we may see some AFL sides ending their links with VFL sides and entering a reserves side into the VFL. It wouldn't surprise me if the AFL extended the rookie list or created some sort of secondary list of players that would play in the VFL side but still be part of the senior club. Given the new northern league the AFL is running they could implement similar rules in that and the SANFL and WAFL would probably follow suit.

Justin Bieber

The VFL is sort of the reserves for the AFL like Daz said. A division system I don't think will work. The EPL have quite a bunch of teams to compete, while the AFL barely has enough for One Division. And everybody has a shot at Glory each year ;).

Sewell is going to be hot property!!!

roo boys!

Quote from: DazBurg on November 29, 2010, 08:31:01 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/vfl-stars-myles-sewell-and-steve-clifton-press-claims-at-north-melbourne/story-e6frf9jf-1225962793737

North have 5 VFL stars training with them atm and by looking at the names i imagine R&B would be pretty happy with it

Myles Sewell and Steven Clifton Derek Micallef, Scott Sherlock and Kyle Hartigan.
8)
Looking good there, great list of names.
To blood some more young stars would really put us in a good position.

DazBurg

looks like GWS are gonna swoop and take him in the rookie draft

roo boys!

Wes Mantooth

BoredSaint

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: BoredSaint on December 03, 2010, 12:29:23 AM
its his brother I think

yep sure is, just got off my lazy ass and did some research :)

roo boys!