Anyone not playing this week still thinking of trading?

Started by McRooster, August 11, 2010, 09:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

I have three trades left, 183k in the bank and this week off.

My fwd line is my Achilles heel...
Buddy, Gia, Pav, ROK, Stevie J, Rockliff, Hendo - Pods, TDL

I will keep Pods, banking on a BIG rnd 22 v Eagles at Skilled.
Two strongest upcoming opponents have one or two Pies in their fwd (Didak and Didak/Thomas).
Didak/Thomas has NO trades left, can wait and see what happens to him.
Opponent with just Didak I'm pretty sure he has 2 trades left and he has the week off also.
Should I use a trade this week and go Rockliff-Didak to fox the other guy with the week off into beleieving he needs to do something next week ahead of the possible GF showdown between us?
This will leave him (if it works) with only one trade to face the likely resting of Cat stars in rnd 22 and me with two.
I will not need any trades in prelim if I face who season dictates I'll face, just not sure if I should try and smoke out my likely opponent ....too risky?

or good strategy?

Holz

Fenno

Prospector_1

Plainly going for league wins rather than overall.

If you're going for overall, you trade to avoid donuts, and lots of teams are going to get some by the sound of the flu that's getting around amongst the top teams as we approach finals!

For league, I'd think you'd sit it out, unless you thought 3 trades would be needed to win your way to the granny, in which case you spend at least one now, then 2 next week.

McRooster

Quote from: Holzman on August 11, 2010, 11:11:45 PM
isnt henderson your main problem not rockliff
Pods will come in for Hendo and I can MPP him down back if required + I can't go Hendo to Didak with one trade and still maintain my trade advantage over the other guy. The only way I can fox him is with Rockliff to Didak....and keep two trades up my sleeve.

Definately going for league win, bragging rights will last AAAAALLLL summer! Not many leagues out there that have Team Directors (last years winner) cousin in them.... ;)
+ I already drive a Prado, don't need two  ;), currently ranked 7,459 - so no chance anyways of getting another.

nas

Rocky > Didak is a good trade as well as keeps 2 trades up your sleeve & the week of > all in your favor

CFC 1979

CFC 1979

oh almost forgot to check my non playing teams

made the appropriate changes

scores still count to overall

BratPack

I am considering it don't know if I will yet an hour before lockout. Enright at 301k is very, very tempting

McRooster

Thank flower I didn't go Rockliff to Didak this week, early signs in tonights game aren't good - 0 points for Didak in Qtr 1.

I had the trade open to do it and my lil sis rang to say " I saw you on line and wondered what you might be doing in your week off", when I told her she said "be flowered" "keep that trade", so I did.
I should add she is a Japanese teacher and Kendo Master/Instructor.

Will get Didak next week though.

McRooster

flower me, Didak finished on 91 !!! In three qtrs WTF?

Rockliff you'd better go off or I'm sending you to my lil sis!  >:(

Justin Bieber

He junked it up bad ;D. Lol at your Sister ;D. She has good wisdom 8).

Lucky as he's in my team :D.

Had a bye this week but traded out Harbrow for Broughton with my last trade with 70k or so left over :'(. Wanted to get Goddard or Lake in but couldn't.