Should there be a 'home' team advantage in finals?

Started by ossie85, July 07, 2010, 10:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave085

Quote from: Blueboys on July 15, 2010, 03:28:40 PM
Quote from: Dave085 on July 14, 2010, 07:10:27 PM
If you finish first and lose in the first week of the finals and cant beat the winner of 5th and 8th you dont deserve a shot at the flag anyway.

I think you need to do whats best for your team, if it means you tank a few games to set yourself up with playing a weak team 1st round in the finals then so be it!

;D

I hate losing so couldnt bear the thought of doing that lol. Tough one but everyone is different, i lost my 2 by accident lol  :'(

ossie85

Had a guy tank to finish 2nd instead of 1st, only for the third ranking team to kick his ass and to him go out in straight sets. Was hilarious.

Blueboys

Well if you need a good laugh in the last 2 years I have finished 1st in my league and won every game then lost both finals 2 years in a row!  >:(

My mates in my league call me the port power of SC but I didn't port win a GF the next year  ??? lol

You got it I am on top of my league ladder this year too and I think I need to tank it and drop down the ladder... crazy I know but I think my finals are  cursed! lol  ::)

HillHero13

Sheedy has the wood over me and have to play him this week...

lost to him by a point last time... so if it's just a 2 point advanage.. this would have come in reaaalll handy this week...

Alex7089

I think it would be alright, yes, you get the double chance but other than that there is no advantage to finishing 1st over 4th, so this could give you more of a reason to try a little harder for the minor premiership :)