I'll be barracking for Adelaide tonight.

Started by Hawks_1976, April 04, 2009, 12:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks_1976

No disrespect to St.Kilda fans when I say this but I'll be cheering for the Crows tonight. ( Very unvictorian of me! )
But I have my reasons.
Would like some feedback from Crows supporters, maybe my opinions lack substance.
Neil Craig looks to have rewarded his side for beating the Pies by making forced changes only.
Someone had to make way for Thompson, Cook was the obvious choice.
Not sure that Johncock would have played if it were not for Stevens having a niggle. Maybe Petrenko would have been a casualty.
Like a lot of sides out there, I have fringe and bench players from Adelaide that I need to keep playing. The Crows winning reduces the chance of changes to the side.
I think Petrenko hangs precariously, especially with Symes and Stevens to come in.
Midfield not so bad but Shirley seems the main threat, meaning Otten and Dangerfield have to stay on top of their game or risk relegation.
Forward line seems ok, by the time Burton comes back, most of us will have cashed in on Walker anyway.
What are your thoughts?

Go Crows, so my guys keep getting a game!!

hibbo

My thoughts are that i hope saints smash crows...and that cooke comes back into the side!

ronl

Good analysis.  I tend to think that Neil Craig's is already looking far beyond this year, realizing that the Crows are showing their age on all lines ie Edwards, McCloud, Burton and others. I feel that he'll want to get as many games as humanly possible into Petrenko, Otten, Dangerfield and Walker before their bodies say "enough".  I'm a bomber fan but I feel the Crows recruiters have done their job well.  I'm jealous.

troy87

I guess once everyone is fit and ready to go spots will be hard to get so everyone will be trying there guts out to keep there spots especially the young blokes.

I think the crows have a good mix. Young blokes take a few years to develop into game breakers, but they are essential in the team for the pressure and tackling they put on. I do think we can pull together quite a solid team over the coming years especiallly considering draft picks will goto the new clubs.

I heard Walker was out of the team until Stevens got an injury so he may have something to prove this weekend.

DG

Word was that Walker was in trouble this week, dont know how much truth in that tho. Id be very surprised if Petrenko was dropped though, his pressure around the ball was great, and Craigy loves blokes that play for the team. Unfortunately i think that dangerfield or otten will be in trouble before petrenko, but they all keep playing well, symes and shirley might not make it back. Mackay could also be one to miss out?
Stevens will be back though next week, will be interesting to see who gets left out. Jacky was another who Craig said would get a decent run, but if we keep winning it's going to be pretty hard for anyone not in the side to get back in.

tony73

I'm a Crow man an share he same thoughts, craig traditionaly does not give rooks much game time. I have Pet, Danger, and Walker but only due to the fact I snuck in during the mad rush to give Beams and Broughton the flick as they were not named! Not so luckey with Anthony though (Laidly you barbie).

I agree though the trend last week was that all rookies got 80%+ TOG wich does lead me to think he wants these blokes to go now,

At the end of the day they will have two games under thier belt now as all named and should give us a small profit in the short, rather than having rooks that have been yet to get a game which does cover some of those injuries.

Tonight will be a great game, with many to watch with interest!

Go Crows and Goddard LOL

Hawks_1976

Thanks for the opinion guys.
I have Petrenko, Otten and Walker in my team with Otten as the only starter.
I have managed to avoid the early injury carnage, Liam Anthony the only exception but I can rest on that one easily as I also have Mitch Robinson as an emergency.
So my invested interest in the game tonight, and Adelaide's next few games is to watch these boys go up in value.
Like you Tony, go Crows and Goddard!

Hawks_1976

Well they lost.
Hentschel is out with a quad, but will anyone else be omitted.
I think Otten and Walker look safe, but what about Petrenko and Dangers?

Prospector_1

It's footy, and it's great that the Saints had a win! Goddard and Riewoldt a bit ordinary though - give 'em time.

Clint-84

i was very disappointed with last nights game! i had hentschel in my 22 and petrenko's injury could see him miss next week. I rekon Danger's safe and Otten looks like holding his spot

Rowan1812