Phil Davis dropped, fallen star!

Started by McRooster, July 22, 2010, 06:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFC 1979

as i have Bock - real happy with that ;D

roo boys!

CFC 1979

with the amount of games bocky has missed i am reeeeeaaaaaalllllllllllllll happy

roo boys!

IT's time like this that Keeping The Faith pays off!

CFC 1979

yes it almost bottom of the ninth, bases full and scores tied

it's hammer  time  ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: McRooster on July 22, 2010, 07:34:31 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on July 22, 2010, 07:27:41 PM
Hope he still plays, even though I dont have him, he is a good player, and besides, we don't want McRooster to stop talking about how he played in the Adelaide board, now do we! He is your man Rooster!  ;D
We all need to serve an apprenticeship and Davis is a fast learner, he will be better for the lay-off and will return stronger in his desire.
Selfishly it's great to see him back at the Roosters as we play arch rivals Glenelg this week! >:(
go the bays hehe :P

Holz

i think im  leaning on playing stijk instead of davis now, to replace stupid shaw

McRooster

Quote from: roo boys! on July 22, 2010, 07:38:27 PM
Agreed it is often better for them if it happens this way.

Good luck to your blokes for that game!
Lost by 45 points >:(

Davis not amongst Roosters best and was part of a backline that conceded 11 goals after half time. Not looking good for a recall for the straightback :-\

Only thing that might save him was Neil Craig listed 3 things wrong with Crows performance against Port, one of which was that the players in defence tried too often to outmark their opponent and did not punch, a feature of Davis' game. ;)

plugz19

and bock played shiithouse which willl help davis

CFC 1979

hold your horses

adelaide quote from AFL website

ADELAIDE assistant coach Mark Bickley says defender Phil Davis is no certainty to return against Richmond this week, after being controversially left out of the team that lost to Port Adelaide on Sunday.

Davis earned a NAB AFL Rising Star nomination for his performance against Geelong in round 17, but was squeezed out of the side just a few days later to make way for centre-half back Nathan Bock.

Bock was rusty in his first game back from a groin strain but will be given an opportunity to regain form, meaning Davis could spend more time in the SANFL. 

Bickley said it would be another difficult week for the selection committee, with Chris Knights, Brett Burton and Trent Hentschel also available for selection.

“If you look at the guys that Phil plays in a similar position to, like Ben Rutten, Scott Stevens and Nathan Bock I don’t think any of those guys were outstanding on the weekend, but at the same time I’m not sure if you saw Phil play [in the SANFL] but he didn’t have his best game either,” Bickley said on Tuesday.

looks like Bocky stays