Upgrade Shaw or Carazzo?

Started by konformist, July 19, 2010, 11:58:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

konformist

I'm looking to upgrade either H.Shaw or Carazzo, to Lake this week. Who should i upgrade and why?

Or i can upgrade either Podsiadly or Giansiracusa to any forward, whilst still having Rockliffe on the bench or field replacing Podsiadly/Giansiricusa.

Suggestions and reasoning would be greatly appreciated. These are the only 'weaknesses' in my team. I am aiming for the highest possible overall finish. League and finals are inconsequential.

Johnnysd

keep Shaw playing wing from now on will get plenty and opposition cannot afford to tag him like previously with how well the team is playing.

carazzo is playing in a team which will lose more than they will win for the rest of the year and drop out of the finals race.

if you really want a move, and with highest finishing position in mind, move Carazzo for Fisher who has picked up his old role as the loose backman. BE is low also for Fisher.

Blueboys

Shaw is coming into some good form (At long last) and the pies have all there games in Melbourne. I would keep Shaw. I have had him since the start of the year and it's been up and down but his coming good again so sticking with him.

konformist

Cheers guys. I was leaning towards keeping Shaw as well. I'm just skeptical about his possibility for being rested and injuries. I agree, his scoring potential is massive if he plays further up the ground. Fingers crossed he does. I traded Waters for Fisher about 5 rounds ago and whilst regretting it initially (missed out on Waters 152), it has finally paid off!

Here's a full list of my team

Backs: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Fisher, Malceski, Carazzo, Shaw - Hams Webb

Mids: Swan, Ablett, Bartel, Boyd, Pendlebury, Mitchell- Martin, L.Stevenson

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox - Warnock, Lobbe

Fwds: Chapman, O'keefe, Pavlich, Franklin, Didak, Giansiricusa, Rockliff - Pods, Henderson

HellYeah

Quote from: konformist on July 20, 2010, 11:29:38 AM
Cheers guys. I was leaning towards keeping Shaw as well. I'm just skeptical about his possibility for being rested and injuries. I agree, his scoring potential is massive if he plays further up the ground. Fingers crossed he does. I traded Waters for Fisher about 5 rounds ago and whilst regretting it initially (missed out on Waters 152), it has finally paid off!

Here's a full list of my team

Backs: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Fisher, Malceski, Carazzo, Shaw - Hams Webb

Mids: Swan, Ablett, Bartel, Boyd, Pendlebury, Mitchell- Martin, L.Stevenson

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox - Warnock, Lobbe

Fwds: Chapman, O'keefe, Pavlich, Franklin, Didak, Giansiricusa, Rockliff - Pods, Henderson

Nice team. I'm jealous.

Blueboys

Good team! Looking at your team not sure if you need to upgrade your backline.

What scores have you been pulling, just out of interest?

M8 I would be happy to keep that team as it is....  ;D

Cruiseon

Shaw is starting to score well but imortantly play well. Earlier in the year he was really out of form, clangers everywhere, but now he is almost back to his best.

Carazzo as a tagger is hard to predict.

konformist

I'm averaging about 2300 over the last six weeks with a high of 2442 and 2456.

Very good point about Shaw actually running into form. His ability to score has always been there, but the inconsistency in output for that 2 month stretch really hurt his average. He is actually a little unique among the higher ranked teams also.

Cheers for helping stimulate my thought processes guys, and helping me make a decision. It is appreciated. It might just keep me in eliminator for another week as well!

konformist

Now that Shaw is out for the week, who thinks it's worth upgrading him to Lake instead of Carazzo given there are only 6 rounds left and the difference in output between Lake and Hams/Webbereley for the round, could mean 4 or 5 spots overall by round 22.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: konformist on July 22, 2010, 11:11:53 PM
Now that Shaw is out for the week, who thinks it's worth upgrading him to Lake instead of Carazzo given there are only 6 rounds left and the difference in output between Lake and Hams/Webbereley for the round, could mean 4 or 5 spots overall by round 22.
if ur going for overall why not lake is clearly the 2nd best back in DT... spewing hard i went gram over lake at the start of the year >:( bonehead move, oh and up shaw

elephants

drop shaw. carrats will play every game due to the fact the blus are fighting for a top four chance. shaw is also ot injured

konformist

I ended up going a bit left field and actually upgraded Webberley to Lake and moved Shaw to the bench. Now i have premium back cover for the last 5 rounds, but $90k less in the kitty. I figured the 90k extra spent could also relate to a saved trade if one of my backmen goes down with an injury in the remainding 5 rounds.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: konformist on July 24, 2010, 11:38:08 AM
I ended up going a bit left field and actually upgraded Webberley to Lake and moved Shaw to the bench. Now i have premium back cover for the last 5 rounds, but $90k less in the kitty. I figured the 90k extra spent could also relate to a saved trade if one of my backmen goes down with an injury in the remainding 5 rounds.
nice move, now ur toughest decision is who to bench ;)