Main Menu

2nd Year Players

Started by rocca, September 03, 2010, 04:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocca

Is it true that second year players never have good years, or very rarely?
I am considering a few 2nd year players for 2011 but are they completely off limits?

valkorum

The "myth" about not getting 2nd years players does have some merit.  Reason being is that the other clubs will give some recognition to the 1st year player and then they get a bit more attention in their second year.  Normally this lowers their output.  As always there are a few exceptions

Master Q

There are some exceptions like Valk said. On some occasions they are overpriced, but I think most of the time if they blitz it in there first year they get noticed more the next, Rich for example.

Justin Bieber

Anthony was another. But injury struck too soon :(.

Some of the players do step up their fantasy game a little but are usually over priced for 1 year's worth of AFL. Would rather take a punt on a more mature player with a few more years in the system who is around that exact same price as the 2nd year players.

benjy251090

one that seemed to improve as a second year player was stephen hill, will definately look at him next year ;)

ossie85

Quote from: valkorum on September 03, 2010, 04:20:41 PM
The "myth" about not getting 2nd years players does have some merit.  Reason being is that the other clubs will give some recognition to the 1st year player and then they get a bit more attention in their second year.  Normally this lowers their output.  As always there are a few exceptions

Even if their output increase, it won't be enough to justify the huge price increase

chrisuzz

I think Barlow would have definatly been an exception,, bbut from wot i hear he wont be back by round 1,, i think he will be  agreat midfield upgrade though because it will take him a while to get back into it

chrisuzz

Danger, Jay-Z and Balla were all second year players

elephants

i have to look at barlow as an upgrade from one of my GC rookies :)