Skipworth?

Started by Biggie, February 04, 2009, 06:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggie

Would you give him a chance to make some cash?

Will he score enough to be of worth?

Will play most if not all games as a mature recruit for Essendon.

Looking at him instead of Higgins in the F50.

Thoughts?

ShrewDext

Ive gone off Skipworth with his price increase. Dosnt fit my structure.

Higgins should get heaps of opportunity if he stays fit due to Aker having a slow / delayed start.

Higgins might also get some midfield rotation this year and the Dogs are a top 4 side. Essendon are not.

Bazz

I agree I think Skipworth is too much.  Who knows where knighter will play him may just fill a position depending on injuries ect, to hard to say if he will score consistently to waste a trade on to get rid of once he peaks ?

Biggie

Actually with Aker going down Higgins does look the more tasty proposition.

Cheers lads.

saladin

i would skip skipworth.  NOT guaranteed to play a game imo, and not bargain basement price either.  see how they line up in the NAB, but i suspect - and hope - that Myers, Jetta, Davey, Lovett etc are getting games in front of skippy.

Biggie

Quote from: saladin on February 06, 2009, 02:39:38 AM
i would skip skipworth.  NOT guaranteed to play a game imo, and not bargain basement price either.  see how they line up in the NAB, but i suspect - and hope - that Myers, Jetta, Davey, Lovett etc are getting games in front of skippy.

Why recruit him then?

Skippy from reports was close to BOG in your intraclub match.

saladin

yes, but this is feb.  why recruit him?  i'm not sure.  look, if he fires through the NAB, then go for it.  but i'm not convinced he is best 22 if we are choosing from a full list.

i would take higgins.

Heater

You know I reckon there are a couple of players similar to Skipworth.  Why did the clubs recruit them? And when will they play?

Davenport is one.  You would think he'll play R1 or will he....?

Corrie is another.  Had a good year for BL in 08.  Will he play instead of say Sidebottom or Dick or whoever?

What does everyone think?

Biggie

Looked very good in his first hit out. :)

saladin

he did.  so did higgins.  it will be interesting to see how essendon structure up when reimers, stanton and myers are ready to play.  does skippy drop out?

Biggie

Quote from: saladin on February 15, 2009, 08:41:56 AM
he did.  so did higgins.  it will be interesting to see how essendon structure up when reimers, stanton and myers are ready to play.  does skippy drop out?

Wouldn't think so.

Quinn, Tyson Slattery, Bellchambers, Hocking, Atkinson would be dropped first.

Skippy looking a great cash cow in the forwards for mine.

Pink Pythons

I luv Skippy.
Mature age.
Younger body.
Playing for his life.
Cheap.
Perfect No 7. forward.

Higgins perfect No 6 forward.

MiGZ

God knows why adelaide delisted him in the first place, he is a very talented player and i would go as far as saying by years end will be firmly entrenched in essendons 22. He has a smart football brain, and tore it up at bendigo.

Alex7089

Skippy is my no.6 forward (yarran at 07) and am looking forward to see if he preforms... Hoping he can be my cash cow for forward line... Actually when I look at it I have taken quite few risks in my forwards(Pav, Deledio, Lucas, J. Reiwoldt, Higgins, Yarran, Skipworth) Have Golden Mids though

Biggie

Along with Higgins, Skippy has been a great investment thus far.