Help: Defence Bench Warmers?

Started by Richo_Richo_Man, March 13, 2009, 05:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richo_Richo_Man

Doesn't seem to be many cheap prospects for cash cows and or bench warmers for Defenders in 09.

I see Grimes, Collier, Hill, maybe Cheney....can u name any others?

bluebaggas

depends how much your willing to pay for a benchwarmer
grimes, hill, collier - too much value to be sitting on the bench?
petrenko, suban - should play 15+ games
rance, hurley could play afew games but cant see him playing more than 8-10

Richo_Richo_Man

Wish I had a crystal ball...but I guess on paper grimes & co are more likely to play. Big call 15+ with suban-pet...at least 10-11 defenders in front of them at their clubs.

Thanks for your help anyway..I'll keep it in mind.

Fatty

The much maligned Zac Dawson will now be getting early games due to the injury of Hudgton at St Kilda. He might not be a gun but there is a chance they might not play him at fullback which would give the Zacker a chance to up his value. He wouldn't need to rack up too many points to turn a profit and looks a likely type to replace the injured Grimes.

Faty.

knighty

Broughton seems a better option than Suban at the moment

bluebaggas

yeh.. my call on suban was before broughton was promoted
now the games will probably be more evenly spread through them

Bo

I dont see petrenko being a regular in the Adelaide team. They're pretty tight. Could be wrong though.

macca029

i reckon cheney from melbourne or petrenko from adelaide. Id probably go with cheney because petrenko wont play as many games as him.

Dunlop

Quote from: macca029 on March 31, 2009, 12:21:49 PM
i reckon cheney from melbourne or petrenko from adelaide. Id probably go with cheney because petrenko wont play as many games as him.
Cheney's got the same problem as Petrenko - borderline best 22. He's warming Whelan's spot, plus there is Wheatley to come back into their back 6 as well. You'll get a price upgrade out of him, but I'm not sure how far he'll take you.