Need help with my sinking team!

Started by joepgray, July 12, 2010, 06:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joepgray

Hi Guys,

Need some help figuring out the last few moves for my team. I originally had a plan for The Dragons, and have been more or less sticking to it, but everything has gone a bit awry and after a good start to the season, I've now lost 5 of my last 7 league games.

It's hurt me not having players like Melceski or Waters but I don't think I should be going as bad as I am!

My team:

Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Lovett-Murray, Hargrave, Hunt, Strijk (C Cornes, Webberley)

GAJ, Bartel, Pav, Carrazzo, Prismal, Duncan (P. Stewart, Gysberts)

Sandi, Brogan (Hille, Warnock)

Chapman, ROK, Gia, Pods, Brennan, Gumbleton, Davis (JBrown, Fyfe)

I've got 5 trades left and $121K in the bank. I'm currently sitting precariously at 7th on my league ladder (obviously only focused on the league here).

I originally wanted to have 5 trades going into finals... but I need to make the finals first!

Does anyone have any sound advice they can offer to shore up this sinking ship?

Cheers,
Joe

Windigo

Well Brown is back, so there's a plus there.  ;)

I don't know.

Straight Swap Fyfe to Goodes, then pocket the cash.

Then have Gumbi and Davis as good bench cover,  ???

Jozz

next time duncan gets dropped trade him for premium mid as he probs wont play again as he is not inthier best 22 cum finals time

and i agree with win if that strategy  works do it to improve ur fragile fwds then u also have Dpp if need with the pav in the mids may svae a trade down the road

joepgray

Is a straight-up swap for Goodes better than waiting a little and possibly picking up Roo? (again, dammit)

Goodes has a great BE but was the one big performance just an anomaly?

I *was* hoping to get Swan in the Centre, but seem to have missed that boat with his price only heading North at the moment and maybe not enough time for it to come back down to make picking him up worthwhile.

Windigo

Quotewas the one big performance just an anomaly?

Are you kidding?

Goodes is as professional as they come. He lifted and he is back.

CFC 1979

on the lighter side - sink it and claim the insurance ;D

windigo has some good advise for you ;)

stevemac

Downgrade Chapman to Roberts (Richmond)

I gotta feeling about this kid.

windigo's right about fyfe -> goodes