Which combo?

Ablett/Mtags and Shaw
8 (72.7%)
Scott Thompson and Gilbert/Enright
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Chimpy

Hey guys,

wanting to make a barlow plus nason double trade this week. (i have 66k in the bank)

here is what i am thinking..either i could:

A) trade barlow for ablett/montagna or chapman AND upgrade nason to heath shaw

OR

B) trade barlow for Scott Thompson (he's cheap at the moment at 343k) and upgrade nason to a PREMIUM defender like Gilbert or Enright?

thoughts, advice and alternative ideas are welcome!

plugz19

heath shaw is cheap atm but real inconsistant mate, im not a fan
i like joey/GAJ because they are both lock in captain week in week out
gilbert will pull you a 90-100 every week, scott thompson will get you either 140 or 70 (more likely)
i like the idea of getting joey/GAJ

Chimpy

yeah i'm not a fdan of shaw either but if i did get in ablett/mtags it would leave me with 302 grand, so shaw would probably be the best bet no? the only other backman around that price who is good would be michael johnson of freo i think.

plugz19

yeah at 300k shaw is defs the best bet IMO
when you think about it shaw is averaging 85-90 yes?
and ablett/montagna are averaging 120/115
combine those and its better than thompson+gilbert

bundyboy

I have sworn off shaw for the future - got him in my team but his inconsistency drives me to drink !!!!

that said - he is cheap now, and paired with GAJ or Joey, really should be a better points outcome than via any other option

chrisuzz

would it be better if you gotKane Cornes or Kade Simpson for Barlow giving you an extra 50k then upgrading Nason to a prem.

jvalles

I would go Montagna and wait on another defender to drop if oyu have cover in the back.  The risk could be worth it getting Shaw now, but you Gram coming back who will drop in price too.  Maybe trade Barlow now and wait on nason.

Stocutz

Quote from: chrisuzz on July 09, 2010, 04:03:12 PM
would it be better if you gotKane Cornes or Kade Simpson for Barlow giving you an extra 50k then upgrading Nason to a prem.

or even judd @391 good value atm