Please help - still not happy!

Started by PendlestoDaisy, March 26, 2009, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PendlestoDaisy

So many questions - is it balanced enough

Backs: Enright, Goddard, H Shaw, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, Spangher (Petrenko, Broughton)
Mids: Swan, Kornes, Selwood, Wells, Haselby, Butler (Robinson, Anthony)
Rucks:  Cox, McIntosh (Jacobs, Spencer)
Fwds: Delidio, Didak, Goodwin, D Thomas, Higgins, Skipworth, Walker (Brown, Hogan)

Qs:
- Are the mids too stacked?
- Are my forwards too weak?
- No C Cornes = disaster?

dylan84

like it

drop enright for c.cornes, and petrenko for hill if that works

or enright for cornes, hogan for henstchel

mcwarne

Mids too stacked? - no, it looks ok as Butler is going to be a slight concern re injuries and Hasleby is not going to be as productive as some think
Fwds tto weak? - definitely not (although I am starting Brown and leaving Walker as my benchy). One that I wouldnt pick is Dale Thomas as I had him last year (last half) and he was really disappointing. Not suited to DT I feel and just goes quiet too often. But hey, you have his nickname in your team name so I am not expecting you to agree!!
Apart from that your team looks fine.

PendlestoDaisy

Thanks guys:

Thoughts on this?

Downgrade Butler to a rookie Rich/Otten and Spangher to Hill
Use cash to upgrade Daisy to premium forward or H Shaw to Cornes and Enright to Hodge?

Risky??

K-Man

Gotta have Cornes at that price!!! Will average 90+..

I like Spangher but dont reckon he ll play for a while, good pick up during the season!

mcwarne

Thats pretty much spot on. Having Rich and Hill will be resembling the other 100,000 teams but its the right move. Otten has moved behind Myke Cook now as a smokey and Spangher is no certainty either.
Maybe Daisy to Pavlich or Buddy.

PendlestoDaisy

Ok how's this now:
Backs: Goddard, Cornes, P Burgoyne, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, Hill (Petrenko, Broughton)
Mids: Swan, Kornes, Selwood, Wells, Haselby, Rich (Robinson, Anthony)
Rucks:  Cox, McIntosh (Jacobs, Spencer)
Fwds: Franklin, Delidio, Didak, Goodwin, Higgins, Skipworth, Walker (Brown, Hogan)

Have about $12k left

-Is P Burger a better choice than say H Shaw or C Enright?
- Hogan or Garlett?
- Starting 3 Rookies = risky??

mcwarne

Its heaps better. Starting Rich and Hill is no risk. Hill will play, probably most of the year. If not then you are not disadvantaged as everyone else has them!
Not jumping on the Gartlett bandwagon. Be careful of selecting players just becasue they are a surprise selection. Go with your research.
Jake Edwards (last year), Matt Riggio (year before) and there are others!
2 games and its nigh nights. It stings!

PendlestoDaisy

Thanks McWarne!

What about the H Shaw/PBurger/Enright dilemma? 

Good luck for the season!  I need a new car haha

DAZZLER

EXCELLENT TEAM, I must admit, I liked it a lot more without Rich (just me), I am starting Anthony on the ground as they are playing Melb...
Cannot fault anything, WELL DONE !!

Dig out DAZZLER and have one last look for me.. Pleeeease..

nas

IMO:- Hogan is a great player & deserves a shot ,but in saying that look @ players he will be completing against IE Stokes,Gamble.etc. Could find it hard to crack week in week out.
Prime example of this is Prismall as a good player who could not crack it full time & also Salary cap came ito the equation.

"That"s 50cents worth B4 Tax"