Should i trade?

Started by loya_17, June 11, 2010, 01:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loya_17

Would love an opinion whether to trade this week? and if so what position? Any feedback is appreciated :)

My team (11 trades, $65,000)

Def: Hodge, Enright, Malceski, Nason, Silvagni, Mackie, Ladson
(Maguire, Hargrave)
Mid: Swan, Bartel, Goddard, Selwood, Barlow, Mitchell
(Banner, Kayler-Thomson)
Ruc: Sandilands, Hille
(Lobbe, Warnock)
Fwd: Pavlich, Chapman, Giansiracusa, Ballantyne, Rockliff, Brown, Podsiadly
(Hughes, Dangerfield)

Im thinking of trading in Gysberts for Banner and taking the donut for 2 weeks with Hille, or do i bring a ruckmen in as well. Either a straight swap for Hille or i bring in a cheap back up in for warnock? Any other ideas?

woozie10

The way I see it is that you would want to upgrade two out of Nason, Silvagni, Maguire and Ladson, and also possibly look at upgrading Ballantyne and Rockliff.
The only problem is that you don't really have any money makers on your bench, so probably trade JKT or Banner to Gysberts this week.
And hopefully Gysberts gets a few games into him.
Your next problem is a lack of defender downgrade targets, but if you can, i think your next move should be a double trade in your defence. For example. maguire down to a rookie and Nason, Silvagni or Ladson up to a premium.
I'd say at this stage of the season, your best bet is to upgrade silvagni and keep ladson as your 7th defender once hargrave returns.
Once gysberts has fattened up, downgrade him and make another upgrade or so.
Hope that helps.

loya_17

Thanks woozie, what do you think i do with the ruck? take the donut for a few weeks? bring in stanley from st.kil for warnock to cover, or bring in the big cox?

woozie10

I reckon you should just cop the donut for hille and save your trades...