ablett and 330k fwd, or montagna and gun fwd?

Started by Gava, May 20, 2010, 12:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which option, please poll

ablett and 340k fwd
5 (23.8%)
montagna/boyd and goodes
7 (33.3%)
dalsanto and pavlich/steve j
3 (14.3%)
chapman and higgins
5 (23.8%)
dont bother trading
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Gava

goddard
enright
hodge
hardgraves
shaw
malcheski
waters

nason
davis

swan
bartel
pendlebury
selwood
barlow
howlett

shuey
banner

sandilands
hille

warnock
prato

gia
okeefe
brown
didak
buddy
ziebell
pods

gumby
hitchock

13 trades 120k

here is my plan:
to downgrade nason to weberlly making me 130k and then gumby down to hughes. this would give me close to 400k to spend next week. i would then trade howlett ziebell up to either:

Ablett and 340k fwd (cyril, stokes, byrnes etc)
montagna/boyd/stanton and goodes
dalsanto/marc murphy/gibbs/mitchell and pavlich/steve j
chapman and higgins

i reckon these 4 trades would seriously improve my team, basically set me up with 9 trades for injuries. Or should i leave it and save my trades?

Tenfold

You have serious problems in your midfield bench.
Maybe you should just upgrade banner for montagna!
just too dangerous to do anything else because you have limited trades
and no good bench cover!

Gava

with shuey returning either this week or the next, i guess its not that big an issue. but god ive been lucky so far

Tenfold

Shuey is no certainty to come in straight away i would suggest he will play
two or three with East Perth. He is also very  injury prone! im just concerned for you
down the track mate

Gava

yeah i dont expect him to come straight in. give him a couple to get right, then he will be back. well its not like there are many good cheap mids at the moment? im currently 2000, and with 2 more guns i should be able to get 50 to 75 more points a week i would say

Tenfold

I know where you are coming from but if two of your premos cop injuries you willl be copping 0's. i was in a similar situation 3 weeks ago and traded shuey to hayes! best decision i have made so far and will allow me to have martin and trengove as permenant bench cover after i trade duncan to either montagna or ablett in 3 weeks if he has another below average score this round!

elxam

sometimes chasing the bigger fish we tend to forget thei importance of a good bench cover.

Your can only get lucky so many times and a couple of injuries can do a lot of damage.

RiOtChEsS

i like the ablett cyril scenario if u can swing it, also have shuey and im keeping the faith as woosha loves this guy

DT 101

wait a week or to, then go Ablett and Sylvia.?
but in the present poll I went Dal Santo and Pav
both will average 100 the rest of the season.

Gava

well with hughes out that really buggers me up.. im now thinking, nason weberlly, then next week hitchcock to hayne or the week after hitchcock to okeefe. then do howlett montagna, and wait on the ziebell trade