RUC:

Clark, Tippett
(Warnock, Prato)

FWD:

Chapman, Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Higgins, Hall, Ziebell, Rockliff
(Gumbleton, Roberts)

Wild Thing

Hear me out people!!!

I've done the sums and I look to have most of my cash cows not hitting their ceiling for at least another 2 games, so my question is, do I really need to trade??  Here is my team and I'll run through the cash cows and B/E's:

Goddard, Drummond, Hodge, Kennelly, Ladson, Waters, Maguire
(Silvagni, Nason)

Ablett, Dal Santo, Selwood, Gibbs, Martin, Barlow
(Bastinac, JKT)

Clark, Tippett
(Warnock, Prato)

Chapman, Brown, O'Keefe, Higgins, Hall, Ziebell, Hitchcock
(Gumbleton, Roberts)

B/E's for this week for my cash cows:

Kennelly = 23
Ladson = 34
Waters = -19
Maguire = 8
Barlow = 26
Martin = 16
Bastinac = -41
Hall = 10
Ziebell = 32
Gumbleton = 7
Hitchcock = 12

I don't believe any of the above mentioned players have reached their ceiling price yet, so is it a mistake to trade them out too early??  I am in a conundrum due to my underperforming rucks and the only way I can fund Sandilands is to downgrade Ziebell to Podsiadly and upgrade Clark to Sandilands.  Do I bite the bullet and use one of my cash cows too early or do I just wait and hope their prices increase substantially enough to do the trades I want to once they hit their ceiling?

foolysik

Best to keep your cash cows for another 2 weeks imo.
Maybe look instead to use 1 trade to get big Cox in for Tippett.
Cox B/E is 93 which he could easily smash, be the lowest price to get him atm.

Wild Thing

foolysik, I'd love to do that but I haven't got the ca$h to do it unfortunately.

tony73

I would hold now too late to offload Tippet, ride him into some form, which may come this week as Dogs are naming two rookie rucks.

But..............

He will get Lake up forward

OUCH!

I jumped off last week!

scurvy crew

Hitchcock, Roberts & Tippet :
Dont think the first 2 will play a lot of games . Hitchcock doent get a lot of ball and Roberts the laziest football I've seen . Tippet may have just about bottomed out price wise so might be just as well to hold on and see if his form picks up if you have no $.

foolysik

i'm in the same boat as you, no $$  :(
I'm thinking Hall > Pods, then Tippet > Cox burn 2 trades but I think Cox is a must. Hope this helps

Wild Thing

Hi all.  Here is my team and I'm looking for any trade options (icluding nottrading) for this week:

Goddard, Drummond, Hodge, Kennelly, Ladson, Waters Maguire
(Silvagni, Nason)

Ablett, Dal Santo, Selwood, Gibbs, Barlow, Martin
(Bastinac, JKT)

Sandilands, Clark
(Warnock, Prato)

Brown, Chapman, O'Keefe, Higgins, Hall, Podsiadly, Gumbleton
(Hitchcock, Roberts)

Any ideas would be welcome. 

I've used 3 trades so far (Riewoldt -> Brown, Ziebell -> Podsiadly & Tippett -> Sandilands) and have $5k in the bank.

Resch

Wait until Thursday for teams, but I don't see any reason to trade.

All your cows will make BE this week.  Forward cover is an issue but if the rest play it is OK. 

With 5k in the bank you will either trade sideways or cash in early, both not good ideas.

Prospector_1

Wild Thing, how would you feel about this being in the "rate my" section?

People feel comfortable to give all and any advice there, and you can use the same thread from week to week ...

Flame

Wild Thing

Prospector, I tossed up whether to put it in there or here.  Wherever you deem it appropriate, I'm happy to post it.  So if you want to move it, by all means, it's fine by me!!

Wild Thing

I've used 5 trades, average 2206 with $9,900 in the bank and this is my team:

Drummond, Hodge, Carazzo, Waters, Kennelly, Maguire, Davis
(Silvagni, Nason)

Ablett, Dal Santo, Goddard, Selwood, Gibbs, Barlow
(JKT, Martin)

Sandilands, Clark
(Warnock, Prato)

Chapman, O'Keefe, Brown, Higgins, Hall, Podsiadly, Gumbleton
(Hitchcock, Roberts)

And I am 0-3 in my league!!  Scores of 2155 (beaten by 2169), 2304 (beaten by 2308) and 2150 (beaten by 2165).  Have I just been unlucky or is there something I'm missing strategy wise here.  I thought I had it right but I've run into scores better than mine each week.  The one positive I think is that I lead the total points scored by over 200 but just haven't won a game yet.  Do I need to make more trades to get the likes of Pavlich, Judd etc.??  I think my backline and forward line are a little thin at the moment but I was waiting for my cash cows to ripen before upgrading.  There are significant rewards for this particular league and I'm already 0-3.

Any help would be appreciated.  Am I just paranoid and is my team good enough at this point.  I thought it was.