Chris Dawes

Started by mahervelous, May 04, 2010, 03:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahervelous

What do we think about this guy? Who is he keeping out of the side?

It's very hard to tell from 2 games, but he looks like your typical full forward. He takes a good grab, but needs to kick a few goals to score well.

Case in point: the game vs Carlton, where he kicked 3.4 and made 103.

Is he worth a sideways trade from Dangerfield, who hasn't lived up to his scoring potential?

I've used 3 trades so far this year and have $30k in the bank.

Current forward line:

ROK, Gia, Ballantyne, Franklin, Duncan, Pods, Gumby

Dangerfield, Hitchcock

ossie85

Nah, Dawes has been great, but like you said, key-forwards will go missing.

You don't want Dawes, Pods and Gumby in your side! I'd downgrade to Fyfe

mahervelous

Thanks for the advice. I watched Fyfe on the weekend and he has a good pair of hands, but is he not another key forward? I suppose the difference is the amount of cash I stand to make from the downgrade, and they may well end up scoring the same once Freo get back to their new free-flowing style.

callum111

fyfe is worse than a key forward coz he is not the target very often. but i played with this kid n he is just amazing best set of hands in the afl he will always take marks and he has a great motor so can play lead up half forward, but his opportunity must be limited with headland to come back and mayne playing a very similar role in the fwd line. still not stopping me from picking him up this week, great kid!

elxam

It's a pity the forward rookies - bar Peterson - are still doing ok othewise Fyfe would be a nice downgrade