Main Menu

Prospector, I think you are getting on everyone's nerves.

Started by Master Q, May 01, 2010, 07:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HintT

Quote from: Master Q on May 01, 2010, 09:23:40 AM
Quote from: HintT on May 01, 2010, 09:18:08 AM
Absolutely not.  If anything he's not doing enough moderation.  Then again, he can't excatly sit on this forum all day.

People really need to stop making thread for the sake of it.  From what I can gather the average person is lazy (can't be bothered to look in other threads) and selfish (has to create a thread about their problem).
Do you want me to say it again?

Please, repeat yourself by all means because I have no idea what you are wanting repeated.

Master Q

I am just saying that some people are always saying "Don't move" "Don't delete" etc, and he isn't on my nerves, i am happy what he is doing.

Alex7089

Quote from: Prospector_1 on May 01, 2010, 09:28:56 AM
Quote from: ELLsendon on May 01, 2010, 07:49:04 AM
He is aways deleting my threads :@

Moving them - I'll try including soem messages about where they're moved to ...
And combining them, so that the board doesn't get cluttered with 7 GAJ threads...

m0nty

I'm moving and merging threads too, I should be copping it as well.  ;D

I know what Master Q is getting at in this thread, despite the rather strange way he went about it. Yes, the fact that people are starting to say in the thread title "Don't merge this thread" is a bit of a concern. What is more of a concern, however, is people starting threads about topics that are already being discussed.

I think a lot of the problem comes from the fact that people want to start polls on captain/trade choices with all of the players in their particular side, and want that poll to stay intact, which it doesn't if the thread gets merged. I can see their point of view. However, does it really help the board if there are a dozen threads about who to make your captain after GAJ's injury with 12 different sets of possible replacement players, each only marginally different from the next? That sort of thing is why Pros and I merge threads. The needs of the many to have a board worth looking at outweigh the needs of the individual who wants three pages of debate devoted exclusively to their own team.

One possible solution to this is to have an "official" poll attached to each of these kinds of merged threads, which includes all of the possible choices, so that by looking at one poll you can see what the whole forum's mood is. That might have to be done by myself or Pros after merging all the threads. Would that be an acceptable compromise?

ossie85

Reckon you and Prospector should just keep merging, people will learn eventually.

So many people will make redundant posts no matter what rules are set out

Master Q

Quote from: m0nty on May 01, 2010, 12:37:31 PM

I know what Master Q is getting at in this thread, despite the rather strange way he went about it. Yes, the fact that people are starting to say in the thread title "Don't merge this thread" is a bit of a concern. What is more of a concern, however, is people starting threads about topics that are already being discussed.

I think a lot of the problem comes from the fact that people want to start polls on captain/trade choices with all of the players in their particular side, and want that poll to stay intact, which it doesn't if the thread gets merged. I can see their point of view. However, does it really help the board if there are a dozen threads about who to make your captain after GAJ's injury with 12 different sets of possible replacement players, each only marginally different from the next? That sort of thing is why Pros and I merge threads. The needs of the many to have a board worth looking at outweigh the needs of the individual who wants three pages of debate devoted exclusively to their own team.

One possible solution to this is to have an "official" poll attached to each of these kinds of merged threads, which includes all of the possible choices, so that by looking at one poll you can see what the whole forum's mood is. That might have to be done by myself or Pros after merging all the threads. Would that be an acceptable compromise?
Sounds Good ;)

Just want to clear up that i'm happy with pros is doing, i'm just here to bring it up.

HintT

IMO, something needs to be done in the Players & Trades section where there's a rule that there should be only one thread for each player.  Make a sticky in caps lock so the blind have no excuse when they whinge.  If threads start becoming to big then cap the thread at 10 pages, lock it and let people create a new one.

It would stop the millions and millions of pointless threads asking the same thing.  The only problem I forsee is it would need a lot of moderation ( to begin with at least).

Master Q

Quote from: HintT on May 02, 2010, 08:16:03 AM

IMO, something needs to be done in the Players & Trades section where there's a rule that there should be only one thread for each player.  Make a sticky in caps lock so the blind have no excuse when they whinge.  If threads start becoming to big then cap the thread at 10 pages, lock it and let people create a new one.

It would stop the millions and millions of pointless threads asking the same thing.  The only problem I forsee is it would need a lot of moderation ( to begin with at least).

Hmmmm, Maybe.

Don't think it will tackle it fully, Maybe some "Official" threads made by Pros or m0nty, and maybe when you click post to make your thread maybe their could be a message from those threads... if it's possible of course. (This should only happen on Friday's though).

MissPiesFF

Q Pros answered you AND came up with a solution. What more do you want?

HintT