7 trades so far, advice wanted

Started by Foolhardy, April 23, 2010, 02:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foolhardy

Hi its my first time playing Supercoach and i didn't have a trade stratergy and now ive made 7 trades and wonder how people think i will go. Try not to laugh or ridicule me too much.
My team is:
Backs- Hodge, Gilbee, Malceski, Kennelly, H.Shaw, O'brien, Waters.
Res- Maguire, Ladson
Mids- Abblett, Goddard, Barlow, Selwood, Cooney, Trengrove
Res- Martin, Moles
Ruck- Kreuzer, Seaby  Res- Warnock, Lobbe
Forwards- ROK, Higgins, Betts, Hall, Murphy, Schneider, Dangerfield
Res- Pods and Rockliff
I have $145k in the bank

Foolhardy

So you know i traded:
Gram for H Shaw
Giansiracusa for Murphy
Tippett for Kreuzer
Ball for Cooney
Riewolt for ROK
Gumby for Rockcliff
and Hitchcock for Pods

Hippo

Quote from: Foolhardy on April 23, 2010, 02:24:03 AM
So you know i traded:
Gram for H Shaw SIDEWAYS TRADE
Giansiracusa for Murphy SIDEWAYS TRADE
Tippett for Kreuzer SIDEWAYS TRADE
Ball for Cooney SIDEWAYS TRADE
Riewolt for ROK SIDEWAYS TRADE but had to be done!
Gumby for Rockcliff SIDEWAYS TRADE
and Hitchcock for Pods SIDEWAYS TRADE

all i can say is that you will not be able to upgrade all your cash cows now, you will be in strife in the second half of the year! O well you will be better for it next yr

ossie85

Reckon your username sums it up pretty well!

Team is solid enough though

superstar

Depends on your motivation. Win the Grand a week on offer for highest score, smash your league, or at the end of the year have a team worth 12million bucks and 8 trades up your sleeve ( which wins you nothing ), go hard, get the team that looks best early- 10 to 12 trades early, save 8 for finals time when teams start to tank, then hope like hell that they all perform and dont do a rooy on you.

Foolhardy

How come you reckon Ball for Cooney and Tippett for Kreuzer are sideways trades? Ball and Tippett are doing rubbish so i figure it was an upgrade/necessary trade...

Hippo

Its not a upgrade because they were the same prices at the start of the year, you picked the wrong ones so you are correcting that which = Sideways trade

Foolhardy

Yeah i get ya. Picking the right team at the start is crucial so you dont waste trades getting rid of players who dont perform. Guess i might just have to hang onto some of those cows for the season and hope they do as well for the rest of the season as theyve done at the start.

Hippo

HANG ONTO YOUR TRADES!!!!

Your backs are really quite good and your mids are great too, you have 4 premiums/keepers and there and potentially another in Barlow.

Its just your fwd line that needs work but wait to do that.

I have a great fwd line at the moment but my mids aren't as good as the rest and aren't as good as yours, so just wait for your rookies to ripen and then start with the fwd line as i will with mu mids.

It all evens its self out in the end.....BUT you need trade to do this