Previous topic - Next topic

Hille or Natnui?

Hille
Natnui
Keep Tippet

elxam

one other thing... watching nic nat play is way more interesting

Plastic Boy

With Hille coming off a knee reco and shouldering most of the ruck duties, with Ryder, I'd say Hille will most definitely slow down throughout the year. Nic Nat will actually receive less ruck time with Cox finding more fitness and form, therefore I'd say Nic Nat will have alot more durability throughout the season then Hille.

Thats if they dont decide to put Nic Nat as a rover along side Cox, which would provide better scoring potential for Nic Nat.

Quote from: chatters24 on April 21, 2010, 07:15:42 AM
Quote from: Plastic Boy on April 21, 2010, 07:04:19 AM

However Hille will burn out at some stage I'm guessing, whereas Nic Nat is young and will be played at every opportunity.

You say that Hille is a "veteran" ruckman (mind you he's only 28 so I think he's more in his prime than in the veteran stage) and then you go onto say that he will burn out?? Don't you think after 10 years in the AFL system that Hille would have learnt by now how to manage his body through 22 weeks of footy? I think Nic Nat, who is only a 2nd year ruckman and is carrying a lot of the ruck burden over there in Perth (even 50% of ruck time is a lot for a 19 yr old)  is more likely to burn out before the season's end compared to Hille.

Master Q

Quote from: elxam on April 21, 2010, 08:50:17 AM
one other thing... watching nic nat play is way more interesting
Very True ;D

elephants

yep nic nat way more entertaining but if you want dt points go hille he is finding form and he scored 114 against IMO the best ruck combo in the league and no this is not just beacuse i am a west coast supporter...

Flame

Tough call..50/50. i'm waiting for Cox to drop in price...Another thing to consider..Could Tippett come good??

Prospector_1

MissPiesFF

I would choose NicNat
Why? Coach gave him some TOG in the defense this week(meaning game vs Ess) this is always a good sign. He understands NicNat's potential and wants him to get a better understand of how defense works. So that when he does play up FWD or CF He will much better for the experience.

I hope coach gives him even MORE time in defense. He will become an outstanding player if he learns all the fundamentals of the game. Raw pure talent will only get you so far. He needs more experience and skill in certain areas.

The outcome of this will be phenomenal Raw Talent +Skill and in time + experience.

bundyboy

Spot on MissPies...

coach is giving him as much game time as he can so he can learn more about the game - and whether that is forward, back or in ruck, any TOG is good, and likely to score points.  if he learns to actually take a mark - watch out !!

upside for nicnat much better than hille