kane lucas??? smart or stupid?

Started by walks23, April 20, 2010, 08:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walks23

what does everyone think about getting kane lucas in as a bench player... BE of -77 for next week, only im not sure how much game time he's going to get.

my avg is just over 2000 so i don't need to trade but i don't like having cotchin in my team as he's going to decrease in price dramatically over the next few weeks. am willing to waste one trade on downgrading in order to boost my team elsewhere

peanut

I don't know about Cotchin being a worry.
He may have a high breakeven (not sure) but he is a gun and will imrpove as the season goes on. This week in particular, I wouldn't move him on.
I have Armitage and predicted (correctly) that he would score well against Freo.
Middle of the range midfielders seem to score well against Freo this year.

Lucas is a great pick-up and will more than likely play at least another 5-10 games but you picked Cotchin to take a risk, let it pay off and live with the decision (sorry to be harsh, but that's the mindset I'm using with my Armitage pick)

walks23

yeh u have a good point (harsh is honest as well!!!) but if im going to do this trade at all, this is the time to do it... my window of opportunity will close after this week and im stuck with cotchin all year. he seems to be getting minded very closely (kirk ran with him 2 weeks ago), and he doesn't deal with it well.

i've only used 2 trades and i need some bank to upgrade in the future.

Mish

dude i'm on the same boat with masten, i dont think you need to rush on these high drafties mid priced midfielders, you will not be closing the window of opportunity at all and wont be stuck with him all season thats for sure. like in other years cash cows and opportunities come all the time up untill round 18ish.

if your getting such high scores stay away from the trade button and if you want to upgrade that badly... look at other positions like the forwards and the backs where the options are more limited to getting good scores.