Main Menu

How MPP should work

Started by ossie85, April 15, 2010, 04:34:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Seems the best place to put this topic!

This is how I think Multi-Positional players should work.....

I think you should be able to play anybody in any position, but should count as a proportion of points or something.

For instance, if you have Gary Ablett, the site gives him a 1.0 rating for midfield, a 0.8 for forward, and 0.4 for defense and 0.1 for ruck.

So, if he gets 150 points in one round, if you played him in the midfield you'd get 150 points (150*1.0), 120 if you played him in the forward line (150*0.8 ), 60 if you played him in defense (150*0.6) and 15 if you played him in the ruck (150*0.1).

So, take Adam Goodes at the moment. He is rated both a forward and midfield, so he'd get a 1.0 in both the forward and midfield. Probably a 0.6 in the ruck and 0.2 in defense or something.

Think it would be better than the current system. Though I wee bit more complicated. You'd still have to select 9 '1.0' forwards, 8 '1.0' centres, 4 '1.0' ruckmen and 9 '1.0' backmen, but it should be more realistic to how the game is actually played.

I mean, if Adelaide suddenly find they only have 5 forwards available for the match, they aren't gonna go in with two-men down. They'll play players out of position.

Some Examples (ratings based on where the player is likely to play, not their skill level)

Name, defender rating, midfield rating, ruck rating, forward rating.

Gary Ablett, 0.4, 1.0, 0.1, 0.8
Adam Goodes, 0.2, 1.0, 0.6, 1.0
Simon Prestigiacomo, 1.0, 0.1, 0.1, 0.5
Matthew Kreuzer, 0.2, 0.5, 1.0, 0.8
Cameron Bruce, 0.8, 1.0, 0.1, 0.8
Brendan Fevola, 0.2, 0.2, 0.2, 1.0

... thoughts?

Cruiseon

I dont even know how to MMP now. I've got Tippet in the forward line (probably not for much longer) but how do I swap him into the ruck for Sandi???

However at a more macro level I agree with your thoughts. It might continue to complicate things especially when you add having a bye or two next year but in principle I completely agree.

ossie85

Cruise you can only swap Tippett into the ruck line if you have another ruck/forward in your ruck line - and there are only three others I think Lobbe, Petrie and Cloke who have played 1 game between them this year.

But yes, it would be complicated. Maybe more of a 'if they play out of position, they only get half points' instead.

MissPiesFF

Ossie hun i just dyed my hair brown to match my eyes for artificial intelligence. But I still do not understand rofl.

Having said that when I swap one player for another in my midfield that also plays back even though I have two MPP in by back that can also play mid they do not light up as a swap. So mathematics mean nothing if it is not possible in the script of the AFL Dream Team site....

ossie85

Quote from: MissPiesFF on April 16, 2010, 06:00:05 PM
Having said that when I swap one player for another in my midfield that also plays back even though I have two MPP in by back that can also play mid they do not light up as a swap. So mathematics mean nothing if it is not possible in the script of the AFL Dream Team site....

It should Miss Pies, it does for me.

ELLsendon

Not a bad idea, could get confusing though