<500 points
8 (26.7%)
<1000 points
11 (36.7%)
other (write a number below)
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

tom_scully

When thinking about winning the 50k, at this stage, how close do you need to be to the leader?

Turbo

Last year I started off porrly and dropped close to 1,000 points behind after only 4 or 5 weeks.  I managed to get back to 32nd overall by about rd 17, which was about 400 points off top.  You can do it from a fair way back, but you need everything to go well for you and also you need to have some players which not many others have!

sid3bysid3

im 600 off the pace and have 300k in the bank. got let down by hall and clark.

spewing cause last minute i traded in hille for seaby and kennelly for malceski.

this week im using 2 trades as planned and bringing in seaby for clark and brown for hall. its risky but it means i'll have approx 400k in the bank which i will use throughout the next few rounds to trade in premiums for my 4 starting rookie mids.

i believe this will enable me to come home strong. i like to use 10 trades early but make sure i have coverage on the bench (keep the likes of martin, waters, maguire, warnock, hitchcock). i think that if you trade well and are within 1000pts you will come home strong. im looking for a top 1000 finish this yr.

Master Q

Quote from: sid3bysid3 on April 07, 2010, 08:28:30 AM
im 600 off the pace and have 300k in the bank. got let down by hall and clark.

spewing cause last minute i traded in hille for seaby and kennelly for malceski.

this week im using 2 trades as planned and bringing in seaby for clark and brown for hall. its risky but it means i'll have approx 400k in the bank which i will use throughout the next few rounds to trade in premiums for my 4 starting rookie mids.

i believe this will enable me to come home strong. i like to use 10 trades early but make sure i have coverage on the bench (keep the likes of martin, waters, maguire, warnock, hitchcock). i think that if you trade well and are within 1000pts you will come home strong. im looking for a top 1000 finish this yr.
Clark let a lot down sids

thefly1976

yeah only 400 off. got let down by mitchell, and3 rrokies in my midfield... but 200K in the bank and rookies to rise so im hoping that will pay off

ossie85

I'm about the length of a piece of string off. A f^&*ing long bit of string.

Master Q

Quote from: ossie85 on April 07, 2010, 09:16:25 AM

I'm about the length of a piece of string off. A f^&*ing long bit of string.
Unexpected...

sparky

im about 400 points off. i reckon i could still get there, but it is gonna require a few 2450+ rounds.

tom_scully

Thnx all. Am currently 400 off the pace, but feel I am still well in it with 20 rounds remaining. Just need to stay calm and use trades wisely. @sid3bysid3 Hall for me has to go.

ELLsendon

HillHero13

the leader's team could pull out a 2500 when you get a 2100

Justin Bieber

why do i need to think about that. i already know i can't get there already ;D.

think you need to be within 1k to have some sort of chance right now and hope everything else goes your way. 500 points is a good distance as you still leave room for mistakes.

Pravis

I'm 600 off. Im gonna tweak my side this week and then ill know in a couple of weeks if i still have a chance. Ill be making a huge run at it after round 8 - 10. Just cant drop anymore points :(

tom_scully

Quote from: HillHero13 on April 08, 2010, 09:14:53 AM
the leader's team could pull out a 2500 when you get a 2100
Or I could pull out a 2500 and the leader could drop a 2100. have found out today that last years winner was 166th after rnd 4, so that should be a usseful guide.

antman

ANTMANS are 267 points off first place and the top 5 all have roo in their team so I won't lose points there. :)