How bad was the umpiring in Melb v Coll???

Started by Capt Cunners, April 04, 2010, 07:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Cunners

How bad was the umpiring??

Rate it from 0-10.

ossie85

Only had a internet score/stats update, so I can't comment!

Examples out of curiosity?

Capt Cunners

Quote from: ossie85 on April 04, 2010, 08:02:22 AM

Only had a internet score/stats update, so I can't comment!

Examples out of curiosity?

In the last quarter with the Shaw holding the ball call, he dropped it and it was just play on, that was about 20-30 meters out for the Demons so that was a very big call that was wrong.

Also a lot more calls throughout the day were horrible.
I wonder how much Eddie payed the umpires.

MissPiesFF

I thought there was terrible calls on both sides. It was pretty shocking.
The commentators kept announcing Harry O'Brien was doing the wrong thing by standing just behind the man on the mark. But things were cleared up at half time. That you are allowed to infact stand behind the man on the mark, just not beside him and no contact until play on called.
There was a couple of players realising this and now I think it will be taken advantage of.

boost

Plenty of bad calls each way....

At the end of the day, not much you can do!

Master Q

Misspies what Harry did was very annoying and should be banned, do agree though.

MissPiesFF

Yup Q there was even an umpire stand right there. but apparently for fact it is allowed so...what can ya do?

gerco

You usually only see multiple players on the mark at the end of the game when someone is trying to kick a match winning goal (for obvious reasons). I don't think you'll see too many teams try to do it regularly TBH.

ELLsendon

Its Mick Maulthouse, what do you expect?
Did you see him watching Jamar in the warm up?...

Pav29

Some ridiculous calls. Umpires can decide the our=tcomes of some matches so they cant make that many bad decisions.