Main Menu

Things I hate

Started by bunyip, March 30, 2010, 01:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

One thing I hate about forums like this is if you express an opinion you realize very quickly how little you really know about footy. I said earlier that Collingwood would not make the 8. After watching them play the Bullies I'm convinced now they'll make the top 4.
I also said Essendon will "disappoint". After watching them play Geelong I think they too will at least play in the finals.
I didn't even mention Fremantle, and they look very good. I'm not saying they'll make the finals, but they'll give it a fright.
There were a few duds this weekend, but there were also some fantastic games. I don't think I will offer any more opinions this season other than this post, I think I'll just reflect on how great this game is, and thank God I'm still alive to see it.
I've seen some great players in my time, Polly Farmer, John Nichols, Ron Barassi, Billy Goggin, Paul Hudson, Royce Hart, but todays players are just as good. This game just keeps getting better.
Go Cats

Alex7089

Why stop voicing your opinion? Everyone gets it wrong sometimes, guys who make their living out of it get it wrong, a lot of them make big calls which turn out to be everything but right.
I think you should keep doing what you're doing, footy isn't about always being right.

Prospector_1

... and its a great post. So keep posting what you think you know, and keep learning. It'll be good for all of us bunyip!

Sangas

Give everything you wanna say a whirl yeah? So what if ya get it wrong. We all stuff it up sometimes.

Justin Bieber

nobody on here knows all about footy. everybody makes mistakes. i'm a prime example. i pick essendon to win every round and to go on and win the premiership. doubt this year but everybody has something to offer to this forum even if it is just opinions (which i do alot :D).

P.S my teams in dt and sc are way below the others because i didn't follow the crowds. doesn't stop me from helping.

bunyip

Thanks guys, I appreciate your thoughts. I read most of the posts on this terrific website and you guys really know your stuff. I think the key to it all is to have fun. When you think about it, how often do we really have fun. I have fun reading and sometimes commenting on these posts, we all share a common love. We are just one big family. Thanks Monty for making it possible. I love this game. GoCats Footy :)

Alex7089

Yeah but really like you said, how often do we have fun?
Well how often do you have fun by yourself? I assume that it's a lot less, so when you talk to us and share your thoughts and opinions thats good, when we are wrong it doesn't matter.
If I had a penny for every time I'd been wrong I would have a small fortune on my hands.
Not about being right, that's not the fun bit, the fun bit is when you talk about your opinion and explain it so that others see you side/or not and if you're right thats good but if not that's good to, it would be supernatural for somebody to be right all of the time, especially on things like this.
You're not the only one who was wrong about Essendon, or Freo.
I have been saying C'Wood would do badly as well, but I also tipped J/Brown and Fev to be no better than Brown/Bradshaw and that Brisbane would just lose a whole lot of history and gain no points with the fev trade.
Well so far I'm wrong aren't I?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Alex7089 on March 31, 2010, 07:53:42 AM
Well how often do you have fun by yourself? I assume that it's a lot less.
sounds so wrong alex  ;D

If I had a penny for every time I'd been wrong I would have a small fortune on my hands.
I would have a large fortune by now  ;)

You're not the only one who was wrong about Essendon, or Freo.
I have been saying C'Wood would do badly as well, but I also tipped J/Brown and Fev to be no better than Brown/Bradshaw and that Brisbane would just lose a whole lot of history and gain no points with the fev trade.
Well so far I'm wrong aren't I?
the year is still young, so who knows yet  ;)

In all Alex is still right, all about the fun on here for most of us  8). never let others discourage you from things you enjoy.

nas

Alex with all the fun you are having by yourself you would not want to see

Cox in your side tapping to Palmer.

if it were possible. :P

Alex7089

just realized, oops...
Good 'ol shake o the sauce bottle as our PM would say ;)

Prospector_1

I saw "The Adventures of Barry MacKenzie" again the other night.

He said exactly what Rudd said. So I reckon that's where it came from!

Alex7089

Oh god, what is the world coming to when our PM is quoting 'The Adventures Of Barry Mackenzie'?
Gee I tell ya, not good signs...