Colliwobblers Team

Started by Colliwobblers, March 12, 2020, 10:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Hi all, hope all are well, here we go again. Really only excited about SC this year, shock horror a DT tragic the two trades a week I didn't end up being a fan of.

Anyway this is me, think my rooks will all start, hoping some cheaper ones do so I can turn Greenwood back into Cogs, but unlikely.

Good luck everyone have a great season, feel free to leave your thoughts

Ringo

Welcome back cobber, No lions in team fail from me.  :D :D

Seriously though team structure is sound and similar to most. Think Playing both Rowell and Anderson is putting too much coin in 2 rookies.   With Hill injured you may want to move Ash back if named. Like Most awaiting to see which rookies are named. For what it is worth think Starevich or Robertson are vying for one position in our Rd 1 team so you may get a downgrade there to help get Greenwood back to Conigs.

Good luck to you.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ringo on March 12, 2020, 10:48:15 PM
Welcome back cobber, No lions in team fail from me.  :D :D

Seriously though team structure is sound and similar to most. Think Playing both Rowell and Anderson is putting too much coin in 2 rookies.   With Hill injured you may want to move Ash back if named. Like Most awaiting to see which rookies are named. For what it is worth think Starevich or Robertson are vying for one position in our Rd 1 team so you may get a downgrade there to help get Greenwood back to Conigs.

Good luck to you.

Yes if you count hill that's 6 rooks at 200k give or take, hoping a couple can go for cheaper ones. I've gone off the recent teams post on afl, the Brisbane lads don't get a start but we will see next week. Hill is a worry if he is back round 2,3 even 4 it may be too early to bring him in pre price rise, unless a chosen rook gets dropped.

If it makes you feel any better Neale is a lock in both the other formats I have a team in, not sure why not this one, probably because fyfe and the bont are blessed by the SC scorers and you got to have cripps and the pig.

Last year was great thought of you often watching the rise and rise, even went to a game the pies weren't playing, exciting times for the local lads. Hope they have another good year, and are beaten in the granny by the pies.

Thanks for the feedback and good to see you.

*edit* starcevich in for hill and $50k in the bank. I have a Lion  ;)

RoughRed

Wow!
IMO a great balanced team, the Hill => Starcevich (or similar) would have been my only real input
I like the A.Brayshaw pick (who I think is on the cusp of breakout), hope Greenwood and Sauce deliver
Good use of the $$$ saved on Gawn
Do you see Greenwood and Jacobs as keepers?

Colliwobblers

No frankly I think eventually there is only Grundy and Gawn ,both fit both in form whoever else you have I reckon you will be giving up points, maybe not enough to worry you but if the year goes well and I don't have to waste trades I can see Jacobs turning into Gawn.

Being priced as he is tho it's not a wasted pick/trade if he gets to average 20 or so less than Gawn he's still going to have made you plenty of money. If Gawn has a rough few weeks mid season..... perfect :)

If I was really brave I would have gone Naismith.

Grennwood I think can definitely be a fwd keeper which is where he will end up in my team as I do upgrades.

Thanks for the feedback and have a good season.

Colliwobblers

The alternative, costs me two rookie downgrades and Ceglar, but gets me Cogs instead of greenwood in the middle.

Basically Ceglar to Coniglio.

Peter

Have done the same - good nice I think

LordSneeze

Its fine if your comfortable not having ruck cover. Personally I prefer Merrett over Coniglio.

arbel

Somewhat similar to what I'm leaning towards.
It's take Jacobs and can stiffen up another line or take Gawn and rely on rookies

Colliwobblers

Quote from: LordSneeze on March 16, 2020, 02:15:02 PM
Its fine if your comfortable not having ruck cover. Personally I prefer Merrett over Coniglio.

is a fair point, i've always had a soft spot for coniglio, I figure even tho jacobs is mid priced rucks are premiums if one goes down its a trade same as if it was grundy/gawn, not sure you'd have those two and pay for backup. Am tempted to have ceglar over one of my other mid priced fwds may still make the change.

appreciate the feedback. Here's hoping the season goes ahead in some fashion, not good news today on the whole corona front...