So, whatch think of my team? Final

Started by c4v3m4n, March 25, 2010, 12:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

I thought I had my team sorted out...

But alas, some more minor tweaks revealed a side that I am truly happy with. Except for one player...  :o

There will be some more changes as the team seets come out but for, this is it.

Backs
Goodwin, Enright, Hodge, Russell, Hooker, Malceski, Waters  :(
(Maguire, Silvagni)

Midfield
Ablett, Swan, Mitchell, Ball, Martin, Barlow
(Banner, Howlett)

Rucks
Clark, Naitanui
(Warnock, Roughead)

Forward
Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Gray, Betts, Hall, Medhurst, Ballantyne
(Rockliff, Podsiadly)

Since last time:
OUT: Shaw, Macdonald, Goodard, Higgins and Tippett
IN: Goodwin, Russell, Swan, Gray and Betts

Yeah, damn Waters slipped into my team, something i'm certainly not happy about. But its OK, he'll immediately go when he reaches $300K+ or reinjures himself; with ever comes first....  ::)

So, for the final time, I ask you:  "Whatcha think of my team?"

The Caveman.

PS. Thanks to everyone that help shape this team, can't wait to snare some prizes!  ;)

PPS. Any changes will be made in red.

Pravis

I guess you have picked your team on the scores that people have put out in the preseason? Or at least some of your players have been selected cos of the preseason scores.

I think you'll find its adecent team but there are a lot more consistant players out there then Betts and Hooker to name a few.

I hope i haven't destroyed your confidence too much.

pedro123

backs: 8/10 haven't really researched Russel and hooker that much, but they did have a goo pre-season and that could pay off
mids: 9/10 doesnt need changing, if you were to changed i'd say may swan for selwood to free up some cash, thats what i did.
rucks: 8.5/10 can changge it but you dont have to
fwds: 8.5/10 not sold on betts and ballantyne

overall: 8.5/10

Bob the builder

Backs: Left field choices in Hooker and Russell. I think you lack a premium here ( ie, shaw,goodwin,newman) could pay off but i would be inclined to drop one  of these.

Mids: Would,nt change it, should score strongly with good upgrade potential in your rookies. (Consider Jetta for Howlett)

Rucks Same as mine, like..

Fwds: Dangerous and could score very well. I would be inclined to swap betts for tippet and swap Lobbe for Howlett in the rucks to give an MPP to cover injuries and save trades..

Overall all, pretty good side 8/10 Good luck  :)

c4v3m4n

Huh, the ratings have dropped since last time, thats an interesting sign.  :-\

Pravis, to which players are you referring to? I can tell you now that there is only one player in my team that I have selected on his NAB Cup form. The rest, were throughly research and the scores they got just proved that my research was correct. Remember, "Knowledge is power".

Bob, I do have Goodwin and Enright in there, they are both premiums. Russell am not sold on either, he may be replaced very soon. Also, MPP is overrated, its really not going to help that much.

Thanks for your help so far.

Bob the builder

Yes I think at least one MPP give you a bit of room to move without trading.

Ideally it would propably be a mid/fwd as thats where most are. But i like Tippett /fwd and Lobbe as my fourth ruck who I hope not to use anway.

You just never know how the seasons form/injuries/suspensions are going to unfold, so I think the flexibility of the MPP will come into it's own towards the business end of the season..