Do you think your team is better than mine? Please explain how..

Started by Madmax75, March 24, 2010, 02:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmax75

This is my team as it stands. I have been changing some players around but will probably wait for the teams as I only have two players from Richmond/Carlton. I am looking to win my league so I dont care that Petrie is on suspension and I am trying to use the MPP rule to some extent.

B Goddard H Shaw Gilbee Mattner Kennelly J Hunt Waters (MaGuire Silvagni)
C G Ablett Harvey Hodge Ball Trengove D Martin Trengove (Martin Bastinac)
R Sandilands Tippet (Warnock Grimley)
F Riewoldt Okeefe Petrie Higgins B Hall Ziebell Gumbleton (Rockcliff Lobbe)

Prospector_1

jr0ck88

Yes, many reasons:

I dont have Dustin Martin twice (unless your reserve is Brodie Martin, who is recovering from an ACL duh)

I dont have Trengove twice.

My backline pisses on yours, and is probably cheaper.

I dont have Lobbe as my forward reserve. Spud.

I'm not trying to win my league. I will win my league. Im trying to win the competition.

I am not a spud.

I could go on...

=)

Madmax75

This team was typed in very quickly at work so thats why there were two players typed in twice. Maybe the league you are in isnt as competitive as mine. Name your team and well see if yours is that much better........Not really offering anything constructive so maybe like myself you want to try again.

Madmax75

Name your team jrocky and lets see what you have. Where did your SC League finish last year?

jr0ck88

Fair call. Constructive critism:

Lobbe must go. Unlikely to play, even more unlikely to post a score over 20. Have you considered Hitchcock, probably a round 1 starter? Or maybe take a punt on some other first year players whob havent been floated around here much such as Nat Fyfe or Relton Roberts?

I see you are trying to take advantage of the MPP rule (which i guess justifies having Goddard, Hodge in midfield, Harvey in midfield, Petrie/Tippet combo), and im taking that into consideration as i rip you a new one. So basically,  if Goddard or Gilbee goes under, you can sub in Hodge and play one of your benched rookies as opposed to Goose Maguire, saving you a fair few points. Thats a decent strategy.
If Tippet goes down, you can swap in Petrie and play Rockliff intstead of using Warnock. That could save you what, 20-30 points for a few weeks, tops? And you have to bank on Rockliff playing?  Instead of say having a gun like Pavlich or Giansiracusa all year?  Dont think Petries worth it.

Can you justify having Brent Harvey in you midfield even with the MPP strategy? Players over 30 dont usually increase on their average - it is far more likely to go down in fact, especially with the emphasis the Roos are placing on youth through the midfield. For an extra 8k you could have Adam Cooney (no need to explain his credentials). There are even cheaper options you could consider, to free up some cash to spend elsewhere.   Or, to stick with your MPP strategy (seeing as you've fallged him as the 'sub'), consider trading him down for Ziebell in your midfield, and upgrading Ziebell in your forward line to Gian or Pav. You still have the sub option, but you gain probably better players, and ahve the option of upgrading ziebell to  a gun midfielder towards the pointy end of the season. Dangerfield is another MID/FWD you should have.

Also, why dont you have Barlow?

Things i do like - Ablett, Sandilands, Shaw, ROK, Riweoldt, Grimley.

How much cash do you have left over?

Madmax75

Thanks that is very constructive.I have had Cooney in at some point and others. I do have Barlow on my mid bench. I am changing my team as I type this and it now reads:

B Goddard H Shaw Gilbee Gram Kennelly J Hunt Waters (MaGuire Nason)
C G Ablett Cooney Hodge Ball Trengove D Martin  (Barlow Bastinac)
F Riewoldt Okeefe Higgins B Hall Dangerfield Ziebell Gumbleton (Rockcliff Hitchcock)

I have 185 200 left so I could go after Pav instead of Dangerfield or upgrade somewhere else.

Thanks

Madmax75

I did some more tweaking and came up with:

B Goddard H Shaw Gilbee Gram Kennelly J Hunt Waters (MaGuire Nason)
C G Ablett Pavlich Hodge Ball Trengove D Martin  (Barlow Bastinac)
F Riewoldt Okeefe Cloke B Hall Dangerfield Ziebell Medhurst(Rockcliff Hitchcock)

Pravis

Backs: I question your selections of Shaw and Gilbee.

Center: i question your selection of Cooney and i personally think Barlow will score better then Trengove.

Rucks: It's unique so it could work well, but i would go with NicNat and Lobbe over Tippet and Grimley, Then put Tippet in your forward line for cover.

Forward: I question why you have Cloke, way way to inconsistent and you have gone for a very skinny mid priced forward line which will most likely be a nightmare trying to upgrade.

I personally don't like your side but it is very unique and if you have the gods on your side you will go very well. But i think theres just too much risk for it to work.